Having trouble using _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItemsText

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a GUI that has a multiple select listbox that will let users scroll through a list and pick multiple options. I am trying to read the resulting selections with _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItemsText but it is only returning the first selected list item. I need some help figuring out how to return all of the listbox items. Ideally, i would like to return the TEXT however, i think i could work with anything. This is my first encounter working with reading arrays, which may be the source of the problem.

Here is my code set:

Global $PT1LABRequisition1List = GUICtrlCreateList("", 151, 349, 145, 58, BitOR($LBS_MULTIPLESEL,$WS_VSCROLL,$WS_BORDER))
GUICtrlSetData($PT1LABRequisition1List, "CBC:  WBC - 9.4|CBC:  WBC - 12.1|CBC:  WBC - 14.5|CBC:  WBC - 16.6|BMP: Normal|BMP: High Glucose|UA: UTI Normal|UA: UTI Abnormal|UA: UTI Critical|UC: Normal|UC: Critical")

Then later, I read that listbox with....

Global $aPT1LABRequisition1Read = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItemsText ($PT1LABRequisition1List)

to test, I used a MsgBox to display the results to make sure that I was getting the text from multiple selections, but everytime I only get the top selection no matter how many are selected.

This is the msgbox code I used to display the results...

MsgBox ( 0, "Results", $aPT1LABRequisition1Read )

Within the MsgBox, I also tried the variations....

$aPT1LABRequisition1Read[0]

$aPT1LABRequisition1Read[1]

$aPT1LABRequisition1Read[2]

Any help would be appreciated...

Thank you.

What do you get if you don't use $LBS_MULTIPLESEL?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hello,

If I remove the $LBS_MULTIPLESEL it does not let the end user select more than one item from the list. I found a way of pulling ALL of the items from the listbox in text format but it is messy and I feel like there must be a better way to approach this.

Here is what I have found is working:

First to define the listbox:

Global $PT1LABRequisition1List = GUICtrlCreateList("", 151, 349, 145, 58, BitOR($LBS_MULTIPLESEL,$WS_VSCROLL,$WS_BORDER))
GUICtrlSetData($PT1LABRequisition1List, "CBC:  WBC - 9.4|CBC:  WBC - 12.1|CBC:  WBC - 14.5|CBC:  WBC - 16.6|BMP: Normal|BMP: High Glucose|UA: UTI Normal|UA: UTI Abnormal|UA: UTI Critical|UC: Normal|UC: Critical")

Then to read the list box

Global $aPT1LABRequisition1Read = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItemsText ($PT1LABRequisition1List)
$Num1 = $aPT1LABRequisition1Read[0]
If $Num1 = 1 Then
Global $Req1Test1 = $aPT1LABRequisition1Read[1]
EndIf
If $Num1 = 2 Then
Global $Req1Test2 = $aPT1LABRequisition1Read[2]
EndIf
If $Num1 = 3 Then
Global $Req1Test3 = $aPT1LABRequisition1Read[3]
EndIf
If $Num1 = 4 Then
Global $Req1Test3 = $aPT1LABRequisition1Read[3]
Global $Req1Test4 = $aPT1LABRequisition1Read[4]
EndIf

I go on this way with if/than statements controlling for any # of possible selected items. What I would like, is for the application to check how many items have been selected and then define either an array for the results, or a set of global variables that can be called on later outside of the function.