How to set path for RUN?

I am trying to run an exe that is here we'll say, g:\folder

When trying this, Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "g:\folder\file.exe" , "", @SW_HIDE) my program will error out.

So if i open a cmdprompt then do the old:

g:

cd\folder

then type file.exe

it will launch.

How with RUN would I recreate that?

Also if i just open a cmdprompt and type, g:\folder\file.exe it will error just the same as that run command up there.

Looks like I need to be in the folder before i can do the exe for my program to actually launch with out errors.

Sorry i have looked around but didnt seem to find anything.

What error are you getting? Saying it "error(s) out" is really not helpful to troubleshooting your issue.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Oh i said that because its an error related to the program im calling... its not an autoit error.

The program i work with will error when I call it while not at its path. So if im starting at C: and run g:folderfile.exe it will error. But if i go to g:folder and run file.exe it will run just fine.

With the Run command can you run something from a set path?

I hope this is more clear.

You are talking about setting the working directory, which is the second parameter to Run(). I will let you piece that puzzle together.

Thank you... i think with all the other jazz in my run command that i pulled from the helpfile or these forums was a bit confusing. So i didnt know what part I could change while letting it still do its thing.

I guess i need to understand the @comspec part as well as the " /c " part... i didnt think i could alter that so i didnt really wana alter much else.

Working now!

@Comspec is just a macro shortcut to the cmd.exe program, usually located in C:\Windows\system32 on x86 systems. The /c tells the cmd.exe program to close the console window after the program has finished running, use /k to keep it open if you need to see what if any output is in the window for debugging purposes. The @SW_HIDE at the end of the statement keeps the console window hidden, so it opens cmd.exe in a window, but you never see it, which is why you NEED to use /c if you're going to keep the window hidden because there's no way to close the cmd.exe window after it has finished other than through the task manager.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Glad I could help, not everything is in the help file (or easily found if it is in there).