Sign in to follow this  
SpinningCone

help with _IEDocInsertHTML in IE9

OK so i have a script i run for work that helps to automate some webtools we use. been using it for a couple years now.

well i got a new computer and had to upgrade IE to IE9 . the script mostly works but has some issues

it would seem that _IEDocInsertHTML() no longer works . not sure if there's something i can do to help this or if there's new security and IE can't be modified by an outside process.

the au3 hasent been updated since 06 so i have the latest version.

_IEBodyReadText() also seems to be acting up and not providing the text as it was.

anyone encounter these problems is there something easy i can do to fix it?

I'm not sure if it applies to the problems you're having but do a search here for IE9 and compatibility mode.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks, but it's not a compatibility mode thing. off or on the behavior is the same. also tried elevating the script by running as admin and still no dice.

after testing i finally fixed it by re-compiling. for reasons i don't understand the old executable just wouldent work. i extracted parts of the code to test the individual functions and they still seemed to work as designed so i just recompiled and now it works again. weird

There have been a lot of changes since 2006, perhaps one/some of the changes makes the UDF more compatible with IE9 than previous versions of it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mariog2000
      I've tried for a few days to simply open a url in IE and click an IE object that I can't "TAB" to and don't want to use a mouse-click if at all possible.  I've read up on things like using IEAction and IETagNameGetCollection to find the object but not smart enough to figure out how that works with my url or how to tell if my url is "basic" or a "form", "frameset", "iframe", etc.
      The other problem is I've tried using the "Run" and "ShellExecute" commands to open the browser, which works, but it opens it in a way that doesn't include my currently logged in user account.  For example, if I just click IE or Chrome for that matter and open my default homepage of google, the page that opens knows I'm logged in.  When I use "Send" "ShellExecute" or "_IE_Create" they always open pages generically which would require a login.
      So questions are, if I have a URL I'm trying to open, that's passes the currently logged on users credentials when opening the page (no clue where that happens)
      1.  Are there any code examples someone is willing to share that opens my IE maximized, with logged in credentials, and
      2.  Once that works, can someone suggest a technique a non-developer can find which IE Objects I need to send a "click" to so it opens the correct menu, pop-up, url, etc., associated with that object.  I've copied what doesn't work and sure I'm way off but it's not for a lack of effort. I'll keep trying and post updates but not looking good 🙂
      #include <IE.au3>
      Call ("selection")
      Func selection ()
      Global $oIE = _IECreate ("https://internal-webpage.aspx")
      Local $selectid = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "signageNo")
      Local $button = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "GO")

_IEFormElementOptionSelect ($selectid, "3")
      _IEAction ($button,"click")
      EndFunc
      #include <IE.au3> Call ("selection") Func selection () Global $oIE = _IECreate ("https://internal-webpage.aspx") Local $selectid = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "signageNo") Local $button = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE, "GO") _IEFormElementOptionSelect ($selectid, "3") _IEAction ($button,"click") EndFunc 1. 
    • By zuladabef
      I want to set the value of a input, but I only have the input name and input id.  I cannot find a form in the source.  Form collection does not return any results.  
      Is there a way to use FormElementSetValue without a form name? Can I use _IEGetObjByName or _IEGetObjById?  If so, how do I set the value once I have the object? Where do I go from here? Local $oIE = _IEAttach("[Website Goes Here"]) Local $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 1) Local $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm, 4) _IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery, "Set it to this")  
    • By Seminko
      Hey there,
      below function returns an "object collection" (not sure if that's the correct term) of 'a' elements grabbed from within //*[@id="J_DetailMeta"].
      However, I need the returned collection not to include objects with 'aria-disabled = true'. Is there a way of removing specific objects from such a collection?
      Func GetObjectList($sPicker) $oDetailMeta = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "J_DetailMeta") If Not @error Then $tags = $oDetailMeta.GetElementsByTagName("ul") For $tag in $tags $data_ID_value = $tag.GetAttribute("data-property") If $sPicker = "color" Then If $data_ID_value = '????' Or $data_ID_value = "????" Then $oReturnList = $tag.GetElementsByTagName("a") EndIf ElseIf $sPicker = "network" Then If $data_ID_value = '????' Then $oReturnList = $tag.GetElementsByTagName("a") EndIf ElseIf $sPicker = "storage" Then If $data_ID_value = '????' Then $oReturnList = $tag.GetElementsByTagName("a") EndIf EndIf Next EndIf Return $oReturnList EndFunc $oColorList = GetObjectList("color") For $oColor In $oColorList If StringInStr($oColor.GetAttribute("aria-disabled"), "true") <= 0 Then ; remove object from the collection ??? EndIf Next  
    • By careca
      Hi, i feel im close to getting it to work, but there must be something im missing that's probably easy for you experts.
      #include <IE.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> $Visible = 1 Local $oIE $oIE = _IECreate("https://beemp3s.net/mp3-download.html", 0, $Visible, 1, 1) _IELoadWait($oIE) If $oIE <> @error Then ;_ArrayText() _QuerySite('Finding Hope - Without You') ;_IEQuit($oIE) ;Exit Else MsgBox(64 + 262144, 'Fail', 'Could not create a new window') EndIf ;============================================================================= Func _QuerySite($Name) Local $oIE_ObjectToSearch = _IEGetObjById($oIE, 'query') _IEDocInsertText($oIE_ObjectToSearch, $Name) Local $oIE_ObjectToClick = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "search-action") _IEAction($oIE_ObjectToClick, 'click') _IELoadWait($oIE, 2000) ;============================================================================= Local $oSubmitClick = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "col-md-12") _IEAction($oSubmitClick, "click") _IELoadWait($oIE, 2000) ;============================================================================= Local $oBtns = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div") For $oBtn In $oBtns If String($oBtn.classname) = "col-md-12" Then If String($oBtn.innertext) = "Download / Play" Then ConsoleWrite($oBtn.innertext & @CRLF) _IEAction($oBtn, 'click') EndIf EndIf Next ;============================================================================= ;Local $oElements = _IETagNameAllGetCollection($oIE) ;For $oElement In $oElements ; If $oElement.id Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Element Info", "Tagname: " & $oElement.tagname & @CRLF & "id: " & $oElement.id & @CRLF & "innerText: " & $oElement.innerText) ;Next ;============================================================================= ;_IEQuit($oIE) ;Exit ;============================================================================= EndFunc ;==>_QuerySite ;============================================================================= Func _ArrayText() If FileExists('Titles.txt') Then Local $FO = FileOpen('Titles.txt') Local $R2A = FileReadToArray($FO) Local $iLineCount = @extended FileClose($FO) For $f = 0 To $iLineCount - 1 ConsoleWrite($f & ' - ' & $R2A[$f] & @CRLF) _QuerySite($R2A[$f]) Next Else MsgBox(64 + 262144, 'Fail', 'Could not find the file Titles.txt') EndIf EndFunc ;==>_ArrayText ;============================================================================= The idea is to get into this site, write into the search and click, which i did, but now the problem is clicking in any of the buttons in the results page, im looking for a way to click the first one, it always matches to what i want, so no need to fiddle around.
      Site
      Thanks for help in advance.

• By yoschga
      is there a possibility to let ie.au3 click into a form? i use on a project where i need to click into a form where items are loaded just writing it in or fill the form is no option