SCCM 2007 Front End

JLogan3o13

• Moderators

Updated 10/03/12 - Several Functions cleaned up, Hardware Imaging Added.

This is a quick GUI I wrote for a customer who wanted a custom interface to SCCM 2007 that gave them more granular control. It allows for "Tier I" and "Tier II" technician groups, each with different available actions.

A Tier I technician can:

• Add or Remove a single machine from a collection (currently confined to Collections identified as Site Licensed).
  • Add a group of machines to a collection from a text file (currently up to 10 machines, but this can be changed).
  • Perform various SCCM tasks on a client (Open directories, browse log files, force a check in with the server, restart services, remote control, etc.)
  • Reboot machines
A Tier II technician can do everything above plus:
  • Add or Remove machines from both "Site Licensed" and "Single Licensed" Collections.
  • Perform Hardware Imaging Tasks on machines

General Benefits over using the SCCM Console:

• Able to define different groups with different access, without having to set access rights on every Collection individually.
  • Every action is captured in the log file (depth that SCCM lacks natively)

What you need to configure:

• In SCCM, set the appropriate CLASS rights for the groups (ex: for collections I did Modify, Read, Read Resource, & Use Remote Tools).
  • Modify the INI file (it defaults to looking for it in Program Files\SCCM Console\bin) to reflect your SCCM Server, your Site Code, Your log file location, and the A.D. Groups you would like to define.
  • In the install directory (currently Program Files\SCCM Console\bin), you need to place the following files: rc.exe and rdpencom.dll (the files for SCCM Remote Tools) and Trace32.exe

SCCM Console.au3

config.ini.txt

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• 2 weeks later...

How do I use this thing? It give an error.

Line 12722 (file "c:autoit sccmsccmconsole.exe"):

Error:Array variable subscript badly formatted.

Do you know what this means and how to get around it?

• Moderators

Hi, ssaazi. You need to begin by putting in your company's information in the .ini file. The .ini file includes the Server Name and the Site Code.

Once you complete this, you need to define how you want to group your collections in SCCM. For example, as I wrote it the script only shows the collections that have the term "Site License" in the Comments Section. The customer only wanted their helpdesk to be able to deliver software for Site Licensed collections (Adobe, Office, etc.). Depending on how you have your environment set up, you can change this under the _pullCols() function. Change this line :

$oResults = $oSMS.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM SMS_Collection WHERE Comment LIKE '%Site License%' ORDER by Name")

to something that works better for you. If, for example, you want to have access to all collections, you would do something like this:

$oResults = $oSMS.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM SMS_Collection ORDER by Name")

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

Technician [XXX] attempted to remove asset [] from Collection []. Asset not a member of the collection. - 16:54

error i'm getting, setup should be correct only thing i'm not sure about is RID in the INI file, what should that set to?

• Moderators

You can actually remove RID from the .ini file. Somehow I included an older version of the .ini than I had intended; once I get to a location where I can upload I will fix that.

Regarding the log file line, it should be plugging the logged in user's name for the Technician, should be reading the Asset Tag field for the asset [] and reading the ListView to the left for the Collection name. So, something like this:

Should produce this line in the log file (in your case because that particular asset is not in the collection):

Technician [YourName] attempted to remove asset [JLVMXP-SCCM] from Collection [Microsoft Office 2007]. Asset not a member of the collection - 16:54

First question, does your list of applications show up in the left-hand ListView, as I have them in the attached screenshot?

Edited by JLogan3o13

• 1 month later...

You can actually remove RID from the .ini file. Somehow I included an older version of the .ini than I had intended; once I get to a location where I can upload I will fix that.

Regarding the log file line, it should be plugging the logged in user's name for the Technician, should be reading the Asset Tag field for the asset [] and reading the ListView to the left for the Collection name. So, something like this:

post-54985-0-01680000-1341582157_thumb.p

Should produce this line in the log file (in your case because that particular asset is not in the collection):

Technician [YourName] attempted to remove asset [JLVMXP-SCCM] from Collection [Microsoft Office 2007]. Asset not a member of the collection - 16:54

First question, does your list of applications show up in the left-hand ListView, as I have them in the attached screenshot?

You have alot of hardcoded variables in your scripts, probably why we are getting the error above. (have found references to that server you are testing on afew times etc...)

But I am getting the same issue, it doesn't even load.

Technician [XXX] attempted to remove asset [] from Collection []. Asset not a member of the collection. - 13:55

(xxx has replaced by username)

That is what I get in the log as soon as it opens.

Edited by willsonfang

• Moderators

Hi, wilsonfang. You are correct, the first version had some hard coded variables that I missed. I have recently upgraded the front end for this customer, and am at the same time working on improvements for a "generic" version. I will post here shortly, hopefully that will resolve your issue.

We are moving over to SCCM in the coming months. If interacting with it is like WMI or SQL queries then that would be great. I would like to take a look at the source for this but dropbox is blocked by our filters. Is there any other way you can share the code for this?

• Moderators

Hi, Warsaw. Yes, the script uses WMI or SQL queries for most everything. If you would like to PM me your email address, I can email the script and related materials to directly. If you have a couple of months before your implementation, I will wait and send you the source once I complete this upgrade, so you have hardware imaging abilities as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

JLogan3013,

Do you have an updated copy of this script? I am getting this error: Error:Array variable subscript badly formatted. I have updated the .ini file. The line # referenced is 13090, but of course I'm not sure where the error is occurring.

Any insight you can provide would be appreciated. It looks like something I can use

SuperCJR

• Moderators

Hi, supercjr, welcome to the forum. Are you running it in script form or as a compiled exe? I would start in script form, which will give you the true error line. Can you please post a screen shot of the error output?

• 1 month later...

Hi JLogan, this is an awesome tool. I was wondering if you could add some enhancements?

* List all Apps associated with a PC

* Cloning Collection memberships from on PC to another.

* Select multiple applications to assign to a PC.

* remove tier rights.

Just some ideas, this could be a one stop SCCM Collection tool.

Tom

• Moderators

Hi, trwatters. Funny you should ask :) The customer I wrote this for just came to me with almost the exact same list of requirements as part of a Windows7 migration (6500 machines, yay me). I am working on this as we speak, and hope to have a BETA sometime before April. I will definitely post back here once I have it ready.

Edited by JLogan3o13

Hi, trwatters. Funny you should ask :) The customer I wrote this for just came to me with almost the exact same list of requirements as part of a Windows7 migration (6500 machines, yay me). I am working on this as we speak, and hope to have a BETA sometime before April. I will definitely post back here once I have it ready.

Hey J,

That is awesome, I'll check back in a couple of weeks. Can wait to see what you've got.

Tom

• 1 year later...

Hey Jlogan,

Just checking for any updates on this great utility. Do you have a new version?

Tom

• Moderators

Hi, kabar. Unfortunately, I have completed my engagement with the one customer, and am now doing a contract in Java development rather than administration, so have no access to an SCCM system to code against. This may change in the near future, but at this point I am not going to be able to update this.

I am, of course, fully open to anyone else who would like to work on this.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

I have finally gotten back around to rewriting this. I will be releasing something in a new post, more of a UDF than a complete front end format. If a Mod sees this before I get a chance to PM, can you please lock? Thanks!