Bypassing "Error Exceeded Requests"

Hello,

I am attempting to make a spider via Autoit to download PDFs from a variety of sources. Unfortunately, some of those sources will occasionally trigger an "error exceeded requests" error in response to excessive downloads. This error can be removed by image verification. I am trying to determine how this error is triggered and enforced so that I might bypass it through autoit without the need for image verification programming.

Things I have tested:

I can download from a different browser (i.e. the error triggers after N downloads while using Internet Explorer via autoit. attempting to download from Firefox triggers no such error until an additional N downloads via firefox)

Deleting the internet explorer browsing history (cache, cookies, etc) and restarting IE does not help.

Changing my IP address does not help.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems, or does anyone have ideas of ways that the host networks might be recognizing and enforcing attempts to exceed request limits?

Edited by DocInTraining

• Moderators

DocInTraining,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

I am trying to determine how this error is triggered and enforced so that I might bypass it

You suggest (no doubt correctly) that the limit has been put in place to prevent "excessive" downloads. Although not specifically prohibited by the Forum Rules, any script aiming to break or bypass that limit would, in my opinion, fall in the "by-passing anti-bot measures or other methods for by-passing software activation" category. And any code to deal with the "This error can be removed by image verification" part of your question would certainly fall foul of the "Breaking CAPTCHA's" prohibition. ;)

So as we are not prepared to support any effort to bypass the limit that you have encountered, I am locking this thread. Please read the rules before posting again - and I hope we can be of more help to you next time. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area