Simple flipping of an Image in GDI+?

Is it possible to flip an image that is drawn in GDI+? I don't mean opening the image, flip it, save it, reload it, crop it, paste it on screen.

I mean i have an animation chart. Many animations in one png.

I draw each animationpart with ImageRectRect, so i load my image at the beginning and then i draw different animationstages with just counting up the X Value of my Source rectangle.

Now i want sth like THIS rectangle, the one that is seen on the GDI+ window... THIS should be flipped.

Do i have to "paint" it into a matrix and then draw the flipped matrix to the screen? If yes then how do i do that?

#

This leads to an entire flip of the window

Edited by jWalker

Here the flip function from the GDIP.au3:

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip
; Description ...: Rotates and flips an image
; Syntax.........: _GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip($hImage, $iRotateFlipType)
; Parameters ....: $hImage          - Pointer to an Image object
;                  $iRotateFlipType - Type of rotation and flip:
;                  |0 - No rotation and no flipping (A 180-degree rotation, a horizontal flip and then a vertical flip)
;                  |1 - A 90-degree rotation without flipping (A 270-degree rotation, a horizontal flip and then a vertical flip)
;                  |2 - A 180-degree rotation without flipping (No rotation, a horizontal flip folow by a vertical flip)
;                  |3 - A 270-degree rotation without flipping (A 90-degree rotation, a horizontal flip and then a vertical flip)
;                  |4 - No rotation and a horizontal flip (A 180-degree rotation followed by a vertical flip)
;                  |5 - A 90-degree rotation followed by a horizontal flip (A 270-degree rotation followed by a vertical flip)
;                  |6 - A 180-degree rotation followed by a horizontal flip (No rotation and a vertical flip)
;                  |7 - A 270-degree rotation followed by a horizontal flip (A 90-degree rotation followed by a vertical flip)
; Return values .: Success      - True
;                  Failure      - False and either:
;                  |@error and @extended are set if DllCall failed
;                  |$GDIP_STATUS contains a non zero value specifying the error code
; Remarks .......: None
; Related .......: None
; Link ..........; @@MsdnLink@@ GdipImageRotateFlip
; Example .......; No
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip($hImage, $iRotateFlipType)
    Local $aResult = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipImageRotateFlip", "hwnd", $hImage, "int", $iRotateFlipType)

If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, False)
    $GDIP_STATUS = $aResult[0]
    Return $aResult[0] = 0
EndFunc   ;==>_GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip

Create a new empty bitmap with appropriate dimension, copy the portion of image (PNG) to the new image, flip it and here you are.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Here a small example:

#include <ScreenCapture.au3>

_GDIPlus_Startup()
Global Const $iDiv = @DesktopWidth / 6
Global Const $hHBitmap = _ScreenCapture_Capture("", 0, 0, @DesktopWidth, $iDiv)
Global Const $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($hHBitmap)
Global Const $hCtxt = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap)
_WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap)

Global Const $hBitmap_Temp = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($iDiv, $iDiv)
Global Const $hCtxt_Temp = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap_Temp)

Global $iStep = 0

For $i = 1 To 3
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRectRect($hCtxt_Temp, $hBitmap, $iStep, 0, $iDiv, $iDiv, 0, 0, $iDiv, $iDiv)
    _GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip($hBitmap_Temp, $i)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRectRect($hCtxt, $hBitmap_Temp, 0, 0, $iDiv, $iDiv, $iStep, 0, $iDiv, $iDiv)
    $iStep += $iDiv
Next

For $i = 5 To 7
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRectRect($hCtxt_Temp, $hBitmap, $iStep, 0, $iDiv, $iDiv, 0, 0, $iDiv, $iDiv)
    _GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip($hBitmap_Temp, $i)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRectRect($hCtxt, $hBitmap_Temp, 0, 0, $iDiv, $iDiv, $iStep, 0, $iDiv, $iDiv)
    $iStep += $iDiv
Next

Global Const $hGUI = GUICreate("Flipped Images", @DesktopWidth, $iDiv)
GUISetState()
Global Const $hGraphic = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($hGUI)
_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect($hGraphic, $hBitmap, 0, 0, @DesktopWidth, $iDiv)

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

_GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap)
_GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap_Temp)
_GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hCtxt)
_GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hCtxt_Temp)
_GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphic)
_GDIPlus_Shutdown()
GUIDelete()
Exit

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip
; Description ...: Rotates and flips an image
; Syntax.........: _GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip($hImage, $iRotateFlipType)
; Parameters ....: $hImage          - Pointer to an Image object
;                  $iRotateFlipType - Type of rotation and flip:
;                  |0 - No rotation and no flipping (A 180-degree rotation, a horizontal flip and then a vertical flip)
;                  |1 - A 90-degree rotation without flipping (A 270-degree rotation, a horizontal flip and then a vertical flip)
;                  |2 - A 180-degree rotation without flipping (No rotation, a horizontal flip folow by a vertical flip)
;                  |3 - A 270-degree rotation without flipping (A 90-degree rotation, a horizontal flip and then a vertical flip)
;                  |4 - No rotation and a horizontal flip (A 180-degree rotation followed by a vertical flip)
;                  |5 - A 90-degree rotation followed by a horizontal flip (A 270-degree rotation followed by a vertical flip)
;                  |6 - A 180-degree rotation followed by a horizontal flip (No rotation and a vertical flip)
;                  |7 - A 270-degree rotation followed by a horizontal flip (A 90-degree rotation followed by a vertical flip)
; Return values .: Success      - True
;                  Failure      - False and either:
;                  |$GDIP_STATUS contains a non zero value specifying the error code
; Remarks .......: None
; Related .......: None
; Link ..........; @@MsdnLink@@ GdipImageRotateFlip
; Example .......; No
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip($hImage, $iRotateFlipType)
    Local $aResult = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipImageRotateFlip", "handle", $hImage, "int", $iRotateFlipType)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, False)
    Return $aResult[0] = 0
EndFunc   ;==>_GDIPlus_ImageRotateFlip

; Name...........: _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0
; Description ...: Creates a Bitmap object based on an array of bytes along with size and format information
; Syntax.........: _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($iWidth, $iHeight[, $iStride = 0[, $iPixelFormat = 0x0026200A[, $pScan0 = 0]]])
; Parameters ....: $iWidth         - The bitmap width, in pixels
;                  $iHeight     - The bitmap height, in pixels
;                  $iStride     - Integer that specifies the byte offset between the beginning of one scan line and the next. This
;                  +is usually (but not necessarily) the number of bytes in the pixel format (for example, 2 for 16 bits per pixel)
;                  +multiplied by the width of the bitmap. The value passed to this parameter must be a multiple of four
;                  $iPixelFormat - Specifies the format of the pixel data. Can be one of the following:
;                  |$GDIP_PXF01INDEXED   - 1 bpp, indexed
;                  |$GDIP_PXF04INDEXED   - 4 bpp, indexed
;                  |$GDIP_PXF08INDEXED   - 8 bpp, indexed
;                  |$GDIP_PXF16GRAYSCALE - 16 bpp, grayscale
;                  |$GDIP_PXF16RGB555    - 16 bpp; 5 bits for each RGB
;                  |$GDIP_PXF16RGB565    - 16 bpp; 5 bits red, 6 bits green, and 5 bits blue
;                  |$GDIP_PXF16ARGB1555  - 16 bpp; 1 bit for alpha and 5 bits for each RGB component
;                  |$GDIP_PXF24RGB       - 24 bpp; 8 bits for each RGB
;                  |$GDIP_PXF32RGB       - 32 bpp; 8 bits for each RGB. No alpha.
;                  |$GDIP_PXF32ARGB      - 32 bpp; 8 bits for each RGB and alpha
;                  |$GDIP_PXF32PARGB     - 32 bpp; 8 bits for each RGB and alpha, pre-mulitiplied
;                  $pScan0        - Pointer to an array of bytes that contains the pixel data. The caller is responsible for
;                  +allocating and freeing the block of memory pointed to by this parameter.
; Return values .: Success      - Returns a handle to a new Bitmap object
;                  Failure      - 0 and either:
; Remarks .......: After you are done with the object, call _GDIPlus_ImageDispose to release the object resources
; Related .......: _GDIPlus_ImageDispose
; Link ..........; @@MsdnLink@@ GdipCreateBitmapFromScan0
; Example .......; Yes
Func _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($iWidth, $iHeight, $iStride = 0, $iPixelFormat = 0x0026200A, $pScan0 = 0)
    Local $aResult = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipCreateBitmapFromScan0", "int", $iWidth, "int", $iHeight, "int", $iStride, "int", $iPixelFormat, "ptr", $pScan0, "int*", 0)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)
    Return $aResult[6]
EndFunc   ;==>_GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0

It takes a screenshot of the desktop, split it into 6 peaces, flip each peaces and put it back to original image.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ