What is wrong with this line of code?

DirCreate (@MyDocumentsDir & "\TestFolder")

Works fine on my machine (the computer I am writing the script from), but it doesn't create the "test folder" on everyone else's machine. All the users can create the folder manually, so it isn't a read/write permissions issue.

Both my computer, and the end users computers are all Win 7 machines.

UAC prompt does come up when the script is run, and an admin ID is entered. Users are logged on to their own machines with their own IDs (non-admin)

Am I missing something really silly?

• Moderators

Hi, jerseyzuks. Just to confirm, you mention you're entering an Admin ID. Does this mean you're doing a RunAs at some point. Or are you just adding #RequireAdmin at the top?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi, jerseyzuks. Just to confirm, you mention you're entering an Admin ID. Does this mean you're doing a RunAs at some point. Or are you just adding #RequireAdmin at the top?

There is a #RequireAdmin at the top, but the users need to enter an admin ID for the User Access Control window when launching the script

• Moderators

I'm assuming you are an admin. Does it work for you on one of their computers? I think you end up running it as the Admin account.

Edit: zorphnog beat me to the punch ;)

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I'm assuming you are an admin. Does it work for you on one of their computers? I think you end up running it as the Admin account.

Edit: zorphnog beat me to the punch ;)

Yes. If I log on to windows with my ID, and enter my ID into the UAC... the script works just fine

Reading (i.e. opening the directory) is different than writing. Creating a directory would require write permissions (usually not granted to admins by default for a user's personal folder), but if you are running with UAC your permissions set is that of the administrator.

Edit:

Does the DirCreate function return 1 or 0?

Edited by zorphnog