Okay so basically I have another problem with my script again, Not exactly the script it's self but more finding how to add a certain pixel color into it. I've made a few attempts and got it close but not close enough. I'm trying to make the mouse hover over the Pause Button on my Media Player. I'll add the Pixel color into the attachments. If someone could show me how to find the Pixel color in the form of the line "PixelSearch( 0, 0, $i, 768, 0xFF0000, 10 )" then I'd be the most greatful noobie that ever existed

misc4.au3

post-73895-0-34342300-1340485464_thumb.j

PixelSearch() returns after it finds the first instance of a colour in the search area.

There are a number of ways to try, I'll list two of them.

1. Change the direction of your search (see help file)

2. Find the position of the GUI (WinGetPos) and search only that area.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Wait, you are searching for something within you media player right?

Why would you want to search the whole screen?

You already said when you do, it stops at a pixel on your desktop.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

yes but I realise I may not have expanded as much as I should of. Basically I know the script works. Because It follows a form of red on my desktop. But it doesn't have the same connection for when I run the Player, (even in full screen) it's almost as if it's a different red from the one on my desktop. The exact red of my pause button is displayed in the attachment part of the post. But for some reason when I do the Window AutoIT tool thing it gives me "0x14CF0000" as the color but that doesn't seem to be correct as it isn't attracted to that shade. The whole line I have is " $coord = PixelSearch( 0, 0, $i, 650, 0x14CF0000, 10 )"

I see, I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like media player might employ the same method

which some full screen games do, which hinder the detection of pixels.

I don't know anything about that sorry. And I could be wrong.

The problem here is that you are not understanding how the pixel search works. If you r searching for a red pixel and there is an icon on your desktop, it will return only the only one time which is the first instance that is true. You have the exact color. Using rgb will not change anything. It will still return the same thing.

I also don't understand why your pause and play button is red but that's another subject. If you really want to pause and play, look into controlclick because that will not require the window to be showing.

well i don't know how to describe the button it'self but it's like a cirlce with a rectangle inside. and it's red. so thats that. but anyway. If the pixel search wont work is there another possible way i could do a search?

• 5 weeks later...

but i saw u used this: ( 0, 0, $i, 650, 0x14CF0000, 10 ) as your color but isnt the 10 at the end shade?

if so try 1 or 0 because at 10 it will detect yellow if its on ur screen or green instead of red 1 is ok if ur not sure what red it is 0 it only gets to the specified color.

as for the fullscreen problem maybe its solved this way.