Recognizing GUI components on Windows Mobile application

I am new in AutoIT3. Liked this tool very much for its simplicity, easy to script and availability of wide range of macros and APIs.

We have a mobile device product which is running on Windows Mobile 6.5. During development and testing, we usually get access and control the device from Windws desktop by a remote access tool named MyMobiler (http://mymobiler.com/?cat=4). MyMobiler is a Windows application which presents all screens and controls of the device for users to use the device from desktop (see the Mobile Device Screen at http://autoitforumimages.blogspot.ca).

What I would like to do:

1. to automate user actions on the device screen's controls from Windows desktop (e.g. clicking the Delivery button of the above screen and goto the next screen etc)

2. to identify the control's ID on the device screen (e.g. buttons, back arrow etc.) by using Windows Info Finder Tool so that I could use them inside my AutoIT script

What I found:

1. The Windows Info Finder Tool doesn't identify the individual controls of the mobile device screen (see the Windows Info Summary screen shot at http://autoitforumimages.blogspot.ca/, rather it identifies the whole mobile screen (red bordered area of the Mobile Device Screen at http://autoitforumimages.blogspot.ca/

2. Due to lack of identifying the control ID, I am using coordinates of the button and using MouseClick (e.g.

MouseClick("left", 1472, 227, 1)
) in the script

Question:

1. As using coordinate is not a preferred way to identify and manipulating a control, how can I identify these controls and its ID by Finder Tool

Hi and Welcome to the forum!!

The app just takes a screenshot and sends that over to your PC, there is no controls here for AutoIt to work on.

If you want to automate the controls directly, I suppose you'll have to find an AutoIt equivalent for Windows Mobile or some sort of "bridge" software that allows you to work with them from Windows. I am not sure either exist.

If you want to automate the controls directly, I suppose you'll have to find an AutoIt equivalent for Windows Mobile or some sort of "bridge" software that allows you to work with them from Windows. I am not sure either exist.

Hi AdmiralAlkex:

Thanks for your reply.

Now I understand, AutoIT can't recognize the controls from the screenshots which are rendered on the Windows.

We are using a commercial tool named Testquest (popularly known as Countdown from vendor BSQUARE). It is like a "bridge" software between Windows Mobile device and Desktop. But it is very cumbersome to use for developing automated test suites, not friendly at all like AutoIT.

Anyway, I would like to give our test automation project a try with AutoIT, because it may cut my test dvelopment time by half. Only catch however is I have to use the coordinates of controls in the script. Using coordinates will limit us to execute automated test on the same desktop with static position of the device screenshots.

In this context, I have couple of questions:

1. (this is unrelated to AutoIT, but I need some help) If I open MyMobiler (remote access tool) and connect the device, is there anyway that I could pin down the opened application's window on the desktop so that it doesn't move by any chance so that my developed scripts (using coordinates) will run without error

2. Is there any AutoIT function available which will force an application window keep opened and pinned on the desktop