help newbie create tool

Hi,

I'm trying to create a small program that allows me to input data and generates the result below**

"Hi Nathan,

Please create a home folder for pedro puentes and give him access

\\bbmus.bbraun.com\us05\users\manufacturing\

Thank You

Robert Gutierrez"

The only thing in red is gonna stay the same every time i run it and input new data and bold/black parts will change every time i input new data, i would like it to be in a window box.

see below*

Hi Nathan,

Please create a home folder for pedro puentes and give him access

\\bbmus.bbraun.com\us05\users\manufacturing

Thank You

Robert Gutierrez

• Moderators

Perhaps something like this? The Msgbox is an example to show you your output. You could use the output ($var) to put this into an email, or whatever you are using to send it.

$Name = InputBox("", "Please enter the user's name.")
$Path = InputBox("", "Please enter the directory path.")
$var = "Hi, Nathan," & @CRLF & "Please create a home folder for " & $Name & "." & @CRLF & $Path & @CRLF & "Thank You" & @CRLF & "Robert Gutierrez"
MsgBox(0, "", $var)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

So what have you come up with so far? Recommend you take a tutorial of some sort before just jumping right into it. Lots of information for getting started is available http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ#Where_can_I_learn_AutoIt.3F_Are_there_any_tutorials.3F

An edit control can be used to accept input and display text. You create one using the function GUICtrlCreateEdit() and there's an example of how to do it in the Help File...

Also, you can just do this with Excel and Word mail merge if you have them.