Run access database as an administrator

Hello,

I am fairly new to AutoIt scripting, having only done a handful before today. I have been asked to create a script to run an access database as an administrator. The program shortcut target is as follows:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" /runtime /profile "Fixed Assets" /wrkgrp "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelliTrack\DMS\Fixed Assets\6.0\SYSTEM.MDW" "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelliTrack\DMS\Fixed Assets\6.0\ITASSET6.MDB"

I have been able to create scripts that run an .exe as an administrator but when I try creating a script with the switches, .mdw and .mdb targets I get an "unable to parse" error.

Again, forgive my lack of knowledge. Any help you can give would be most appreciated.

• Moderators

Hi, MilanM, welcome to the forum. Can you please post the code that you are using? Does your Run command work if you are logged in as a local administrator and just run it like this?

Run('"C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOFFICE11MSACCESS.EXE" /runtime /profile "Fixed Assets" /wrkgrp "C:Program Files (x86)IntelliTrackDMSFixed Assets6.0SYSTEM.MDW" "C:Program Files (x86)IntelliTrackDMSFixed Assets6.0ITASSET6.MDB"')

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!