_IEFormSubmit Trouble

Hi guys I'm trying to submit a form, but IEFormSubmit gives an error like so:

Line585(IE.au3)

WEnd

WEnd^ ERROR

Error: The requested action with this object has failed.

So I take this to mean I can't use IEform submit,

so I thought I could use IE action......

problem is, I don't know how to click on the submit button by value.

I checked the HTML and this is all I get is <input type="submit" value="Login">

So yeah, I need to find a way to submit by value.

Do I have to loop through all the values with IETagNameGetCollection? or is there an easier way?

Thanks

Edited by Athos

That piece of html

It might appear anywhere in a page, it might be in any number of frames on the page.

In short, You will be lucky to get much help, without the code you have tried and the

webpage of the button you want to click.

But be aware that if it becomes apparent you are wanting help with code to login to

a website or forum, you will meet more problems as that chat is against the rules now.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Thanks for the reply JohnOne:

If I might ask, why is that conversation banned?

is it to prevent people from spamming this forum? I need this knowledge to automate a process for work, but If it's taboo I understand.

I'm not entirely sure why it's been banned, and I'm sure the forum admins have a sturdy

method of combating spammers, including a handy report button in every post you see.

It's more likely to be because of young dullards spamming somewhere else with ready

made login scripts.

It is not a master advanced thing to do really, once you get used to the functions, so

if a user is serious about using autoit, and not just for a hit and run login spam session

they will quickly learn how to achieve their goal.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Thanks for the reply JohnOne:

If I might ask, why is that conversation banned?

is it to prevent people from spamming this forum? I need this knowledge to automate a process for work, but If it's taboo I understand.

I'm having the same trouble. Trying to automate a process for a client - but can't get the forms to submit, nor buttons to click. I'm not sure how long it's been against the rules to discuss such things, as there are numerous posts and even snippets with this data. :D

I have had someone PM me and ask me to write them a script to login to a forum and spam the admin PM box.

If I had agreed, I would have been trying to automate a process for a client .

Best just to seek out the info, you need and learn from it, as you said there are many many examples

you just need to learn from them.

Edited by JohnOne