AutoIt&SciTEUpdater v1.0.2.1 Update of 2 Sept 2015

wakillon

AutoIt&SciTEUpdater v1.0.2.1.au3

201406021914401.jpg

External files are included in script.

If UAC Enable, Run as Admin the first time.

Previous downloads : 611

SourceAutoItAndSciTEUpdater v1.0.2.1.au3

ExecutableAutoIt&SciTEUpdater.exe

For never miss AutoIt (Release/Beta) and SciTE4AutoIt3 updates. ;)

Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

I noticed that there's a problem with the update.dat file on the downloads website for AutoIt, it says that the latest beta version is 3.3.9.4, while 3.3.9.5 is actually the latest version. This exposed a bug in your version checking, as you look to see if the latest version is <> the version installed on the computer. I would think you'd want to check to see if the installed version is less than the latest, but if it's greater than the "latest" that could be ok, as update.dat may not be updated in a timely manner.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@BrewManNH

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/

Does not contain an 3.3.9.5 setup only a SFX

So? There is a 3.3.9.5 version, the update.dat file only shows 3.3.9.4, I have 3.3.9.5 version, this script tells me there's an "update" to a newer version using an older version number, that's the bug.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I noticed that there's a problem with the update.dat file on the downloads website for AutoIt, it says that the latest beta version is 3.3.9.4, while 3.3.9.5 is actually the latest version. This exposed a bug in your version checking, as you look to see if the latest version is <> the version installed on the computer. I would think you'd want to check to see if the installed version is less than the latest, but if it's greater than the "latest" that could be ok, as update.dat may not be updated in a timely manner.

It' s right, my comparison of the versions is not good because the update.dat file doesn't refer to any 3.3.9.5 Beta.

Thanks, it's taken into consideration ! :D

@wakillon

Nice script, check my toolbar image in my signature

Thanks, I'm not very fond of toolbars to add to my browsers, but have tried yours and it works well !

As my script it forget the 3.3.9.5 Beta version :huh:

@BrewManNH

Version 3.3.9.5 isn't released yet, they are still adding features and fixes, i don't know why the added 3.3.9.5 to the beta sectio

See - http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/forum/1-announcements-and-site-news/ 3.3.9.4 is the last one

@Wakillon

I don't like toolbars myself but it allows me to enter all the section a lot faster.

Scite information is not part of the toolbar yet, if you don't mind i'm going to use your code to display the information

Edited by Emiel Wieldraaijer

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer

I don't like toolbars myself but it allows me to enter all the section a lot faster.

Scite information is not part of the toolbar yet, if you don't mind i'm going to use your code to display the information

No problem ! :D

For information, script is adapted if one day scite4autoit3version.ini file becomes like this :

[sciTE4AutoIt3]

date=6/10/2012

version=3.2.0.0

setup=http://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?../autoit3/scite/download/SciTE4AutoIt3.exe

But by default i use Dates Comparison...

And for your Toolbar you need to open your browser !

My script can be added ( only compiled ) to windows start ! :huh:

Edited by wakillon

And for your Toolbar you need to open your browser !

My script can be added ( only compiled ) to windows start ! :huh:

You can start a browser on Windows start and do not need to compile anything :D

but the Toolbar does not compare like your program does, your program is more compleet

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer

You can start a browser on Windows start and do not need to compile anything :D

but the Toolbar does not compare like your program does, your program is more compleet

Imagine a toolbar for each soft you want last updates... :)

Your web browser will be a bit cluttered...

Script prompt you for download and silently install last updates without effort :huh:

@BrewManNH

Version 3.3.9.5 isn't released yet, they are still adding features and fixes, i don't know why the added 3.3.9.5 to the beta sectio

See - http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/forum/1-announcements-and-site-news/ 3.3.9.4 is the last one

Once again, so what? You're missing the point completely. 3.3.9.4 is an older version number than 3.3.9.5, you don't "UPgrade" to a lower version, you "DOWNgrade" to it. Whether or not the version is officially released or not is completely irrelevant to my comment about this script, the relevant part was that it was treating newer versions, officially released or not, as being older than what is available for download, when clearly it is not. Please stop telling me which version is officially released, I don't care because I'm well aware of it.

The version in question is not suitable for public crash testing, which is what a beta release

is usually intended for and which is why the developers who handle field testing using the beta

releases intentionally did not add it to their beacon at

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/update.dat

So it does exist in the public pool as an alpha beta, but it was not released for use in their field testing

since it was only thrown out there to show us a few features they're adding.

So in that context I would go as far as to say it is correctly a beta, in alpha status. I would assume when they

are using the term "Alpha" to describe the beta, where "Alpha" usually means something like top order, they are

describing it as being in a volatile high order of beta status, where a few things are very new and probably have just been

implemented from concept, not fully assured the file may not incidentally backfire and spin your hard drive

so fast that it explodes and embeds some shrapnel in your chine.

As for incorrect version comparing, does it really matter? The statement checks for a change in the string

where any difference would trigger an update be it a lower or higher version, the thing is, will the

developers ever add a lower version number that would cause scripts/apps like this one to incidentally

downgrade to a lower AutoIt version and frustrate a user or screw with people who did sloppy version comparing?

Alpha and Beta are actually the first 2 letters of the Greek alphabet, hence an Alpha release is the preliminary version, beta is the follow up version, they don't usually go past the Beta before they start calling them Release Candidates, or even just go straight from Beta to release.