silvermirai

3 day ban. When I lock and explicitly tell you not to PM me and argue you probably shouldn't send me a PM like the following:

PM is titled: "You acted rudely in my opinion."

If you say I have violated the rules, I will not say you're wrong...

I get it, games and autoit together, no matter the context, is not good for the image of autoit.

But I want to make it clear for my own peace of mind.

First of all, I didn't find it appropriate for you to accuse me of bad intentions, you didn't even understand the situations. Yes, maybe I was wrong, but my intentions were good.

My script didn't interacted with the game in any way, the path of the software my script was interacting with was inside the Warcraft directory, and that's it.

I made this script for learning purposes, as I have no experience in any programming languages.

I've finished my scripts by the way, with the help of some kind people on the forum who took the time to understand my script, and not just police me around just for seeing "games" in the directory path, like you.

You should really learn about not quick judgement sir !

Good day to you !

My response:

I don't give a fuck what your intentions are. Zero tolerance covers both good intentions and bad intentions. In addition - and as I have stated before, your intentions do not matter because other people can take well intentioned code and use it for bad reasons. Just because YOU do not want to do that or because YOU cannot think how to do such a thing does not mean it's not possible or even easy.

I've finished my scripts by the way, with the help of some kind people on the forum who took the time to understand my script, and not just police me around just for seeing "games" in the directory path, like you.

Yes, heaven forbid I moderate a user for very clearly breaking the stated forum rules. Really, fuck off if your attitude is "I'm too good for the rules because I say so". That's what this PM amounts to. You think the rules don't apply to you because you don't think you have bad intentions? That's not how it works. Your post broke the rules. End of story.

You should really learn about not quick judgement sir !

You really should learn what the fucking rules mean.

And now, since I explicitly said don't PM me to argue and you're arguing it's time to ban you for a bit. Yes, it is arguing when you give me the same old song and dance I've heard about a hundred times. Zero tolerance means don't talk about it, end of story. You did, your thread was closed and you didn't let it rest.

I feel like I could have been more rude. I feel like I missed an opportunity to call the user a piss-ant for being yet another person without the capability to think beyond their own viewpoint for even a fraction of a thought. I did say "fuck" a lot, though, so that gets me some rudeness points I hope.

Oh goody. I just noticed The user re-asked the same question removing some (but not all) references to games. We're going to bump that 3 day ban up to 21 days. Next time it's permanently gone.

Fucking idiot.

I do not conform to rules blindly, I question rules, i question everything, and I think that is a good mentality.

Also, I do not care about your "ban", and I do not say that with arrogance.

I won't blindly oblige to anyone because of any fear of any punishment.

But I will follow the rules that are of good reasoning and good intentions.

As long as I know that my intentions were good and I stay true to my self conduct, I have peace of mind.

Also, I will not call for offensive language, that does not make anyone a better person, it's just hiding one's true self underneath strong words.

Using strong words makes you week.

Please consider changing your values, you are not worthy to represent an authority figure, in my opinion of course.

Good day to you.

I especially love the part about being "week" [sic] for using strong words. I love the irony that this user uses arbitrarily assigned "bad words" as a measurement of anything. It's hilarious to read a post where the user insists on "questioning rules" yet doesn't bother to question why some words are flagged bad when there are other words that mean the same thing.

Good times. Oh, and permanently removed.