Communicate between AutoIt and local webpage

• Moderators

Hi, squadjot. First off, why would you want to create an embedded IE object in one language, and then use another to interact with it? It will be much easier to assist you if you post the code you have thus far, as well as a detailed explanation of how you would like to interact with the object (send some data (strings) just doesn't cut it). Help us help you :)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi!

Oh, i thought my question was rather clear.

-

I do not have code.. i'm simply enquiring if certain functionality is available.. somehow..

-

Reason. Well i'm looking for a way to quickly develop small apps, but´with fairly advanced UI..n stuff.. , see i'm quite familiar working with HTML/JS and FLASH, it would be easy(ier) for me to

get some "flashyness" going on, rather than begin hacking at autoit (not that it does not seem capable..but i only have one life)

Ultimately autoit would mere function as some kind of bridge between html/js and flash and the system.

Edited by squadjot

and, i guess i'm asking for something like flash's "External.interface".. or "fscommand" ..like, a way to communicate between the wrapper and the content.

Edit: If autoit could embed HTA's it could work.. I'm not going with HTA's cause they lack dragdrop functionality, which i expect to use autoit for.

Edited by squadjot

With autoIt (or other) you can communicate with HTML/JS using different methods:

you can execute JS code e.g. $oIE.document.parentwindow.execScript("selBoxChangeColor()")

you can get/set values e.g.: $sMapGet = $oIE.document.all.memo.value

you can catch specific events, ..

Is that what you wanted to know.

You may have a look at the IE Management UDFs

Best regards, Reinhard

Edited by ReFran

Oh thanks!..

Certain events? i guess your reffering to built in events.. onload etc.. so no custom events? - do you know if i'm able to trigger/call theese built in events manually from JS??.. (sorry lack of JS/DOM knowledge there)

Alternatively, and less preferably, i would have to let autoit check for values continously (get/set values as you mention)

EDIT: the IE Management UDF , is that a custom library?...or is it "native" autoit?..sorry i'm quite new to the autoit scene.. (yeah tried using the search =P)

Edited by squadjot

Hi,

have a look in the helpfile on objEvent().

In html you may set up a (hidden) edit field with an onchange event.

The onchange event you can catch, the value from the edit may tell you what happened if you have filled with html/js.

There are some examples you will find here.

Best regards, Reinhard

Here a quick example:

func mapAddListener()

DIM $oMapEdit = $oIE.document.all.edit

objEvent($oMapEdit,"oMapEditEvent_")

endfunc

func oMapEditEvent_onpropertychange()

endfunc

Edited by ReFran

• 10 months later...