Getting the original code from a compiled AutoIT .exe

Good morning,

Sorry if it has alreadty been asked and answered but I have searched and didn't find an answer.

When I started working with AutoIT I was told that it is possible to extract the code from an autoit exe. I have finished a project and would like to make sure no one else has access to my code or at least has a very hard time getting it. Is the UPX compression a good enough compression to prevent said access or should I be getting a 3rd party compression (encryption?) software. And if so can you recomend one? Thank you fr your attention.

Take care

Edited by AtomR

Search the forum for "secure source code" or something similar. You will find a lot of threads. All sum up to: "you can't protect your code 100%".

The latest discussion can be found

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki