Printing with AutoIt?

I have started a new topic since this inquiry changed somewhat:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14246

I have found nothing on Printing support in help or forums. I assume I must create document in another program, using AutoIt to help generate it. Multi-printer installation. Must create a bar code. Any suggestions, kind sirs?

J

Edited by jdickens

If I am too verbose, just say so. You don't need to run on and on.

I have found nothing on Printing support in help or forums.  I assume I must create document in another program, using AutoIt to help generate it.  Multi-printer installation.  Must create a bar code.  Any suggestions, kind sirs?

J

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you printing to a label printer such as a Zebra or Intermec? Or are you printing to a standard printer?

Label printers have their own printing language, such as ZPL or IPL. Normally, you create an ASCII file with language specific syntax and send it via serial or parallel port to the printer. Documentation for these printer languages is normally available on the printer manufacturer's website. You could more than likely script the creation of the print file, possibly even creating a GUI front end for it.

Fully automatic, comes in any sizeMakes me wonder what I did before I got synchronized...

For Mad: You might just use Run command with appropriate parms.

My label writer software kindly provides an icon in the task bar (notification window in XP) which I can right click and print to unobtrusively using the clipboard contents. Is there an AutoIt way to automate accessing that icon in the task bar, etc.???

J

If I am too verbose, just say so. You don't need to run on and on.