Plink.exe excuse issue

I am trying to get autoIT to interact with plink.exe to control Unix machine. From forum discussion I saw I can read the output or message display from Unix machine by using plink instead of putty. Yet, after download plink.exe and save to my local dir, I could not run it. When double click the plink.exe, I only see a windown flash up and disappear right way. Anyone know what might be the cause? Thanks a lot

I might be wrong, but it sounds more like your activating a command line application, which typically show a black window for a few milliseconds.

These kinds of programs are usually made to be used through CMD.exe, if on XP, click start and run and type in cmd and hit enter, then enter the path to the file and hit enter again and see what happens.

Have a look at this for an example on how to use Plink with AutoIt. In the thread, I used Plink to connect to an iMac through SSH to check to see if a user is logged on to the console. You can use it to send any command a Unix/Linux machine.

Adam

Thank you very much for all your inputs. I am now able to get Plink to works. Yet I run into another issue is that my Unix serve don't let me login with -SSH and only allow me to -telnet. With Telnet session, do you know how to automate the login process? Thanks again

Sorry for my be late reply, too. I was out on a vacation trip, no web access :guitar: . Thank you very much Adam for pointing me to a very useful resource links and tutorial about plink usage. I would like to establish my connection to the server using SSH protocol so that I can have direct interact with program running on my server and use script or batch file to send in command for automation control. Yet when I tried your suggestion by manually change the option from -telnet to -ssh (C:Program FilesPuttyplink -ssh host), it giving me a fatal connection error message "FATAL ERROR: Network error: Connection refused". Is there something that I can change in the setup to fix this error or I have to contact my server admin? Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my be late reply, too. I was out on a vacation trip, no web access Posted Image . Thank you very much Adam for pointing me to a very useful resource links and tutorial about plink usage. I would like to establish my connection to the server using SSH protocol so that I can have direct interact with program running on my server and use script or batch file to send in command for automation control. Yet when I tried your suggestion by manually change the option from -telnet to -ssh (C:Program FilesPuttyplink -ssh host), it giving me a fatal connection error message "FATAL ERROR: Network error: Connection refused". Is there something that I can change in the setup to fix this error or I have to contact my server admin? Thx

Has SSH been enabled at the Linux side?

If you learn from It, it's not a mistake