how to access right click commands

hello all :king:

i wanna know how to access right click commands with autoit3 :ILA3:

look here :

Posted Image

how to tell my script to open a text file on my Desktop and use the "open with hex" command :idiot:

i don't know if this possible :idiot:

lets say the text file name is : test.txt

i hope any one can help me :graduated:

Edited by TarwadaC4

These command strings can be retrieved from the registry easily enough. Assuming this is an exe it will be under:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTexefileshell<conext menu string>Command, (Default)

<conext menu string> string is the text you see in the context menu. The value of (Default) is the command or program run when you click that menu. The %1 at the end gets replaced by the path of the file you right clicked.

You can get these values using RegRead(), but if you should know the path of a hex editor, so even bothering to look in the registry should be pointless.

These command strings can be retrieved from the registry easily enough. Assuming this is an exe it will be under:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTexefileshell<conext menu string>Command, (Default)

<conext menu string> string is the text you see in the context menu. The value of (Default) is the command or program run when you click that menu. The %1 at the end gets replaced by the path of the file you right clicked.

You can get these values using RegRead(), but if you should know the path of a hex editor, so even bothering to look in the registry should be pointless.

thank you sir :wub:

i will try this and if something i will come back here <3

It looks like Shadow Defender may not associated with a particular file type. Not sure and the download site for it doesn't look that helpful. Do you know where Shadow Defender is, or a shortcut to it? Does clicking the right click menu bring up anything different than clicking the shortcut?

You always just search the 'Data' parts of the registry for 'Shadow' to find its command strings.

ShadowDefender here : C:Program FilesShadow Defender

when i commit i file with right clicking ... i think the system call this file : C:Program FilesShadow Defendercommit.exe

when i go to that path and double click on the Commait.exe ... nothing happens and i see no GUI

but when i right click on any file and "Commit with ShadowDefender .... i see this GUI

Posted Image

i want to access this GUI using a script

for example :

Commit a text file on my Desktop using a script "when i double click on the script i see the above Pic for my text file ^^

sorry for my bad english

i hope you got that ^^