General Doubt

Hi All,

I have a doubt, can we access different machine by using Auto it( something like Taking the pc control remotely) and i am planning to create a tool which will access the different machine from my machine to collect the log.

Explanation: My machine is connected in out domain network and i am by giving the machine account is that possible to access that particular machine "c:program files" path? is that possible ?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Syed23

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

To collect information of another computer I would suggest this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

What's your end-goal of gathering other computer's information? By your example, you're looking for applications?

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

• Moderators

What have you tried?? You can't get much more simple than ShellExecute and then the path to your file.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

What's your end-goal of gathering other computer's information? By your example, you're looking for applications?

My end-goal is in our environment we will have log files under "C:program files" location, so i have to access that location for different machine to access the log file. is that possible ??

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

• Moderators

My end-goal is in our environment we will have log files under "C:program files" location, so i have to access that location for different machine to access the log file. is that possible ??

See post #5 - ShellExecute(<path to file>), or if you want to choose the file from a list, FileOpenDialog can do that for you as well.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

See post #5 - ShellExecute(<path to file>), or if you want to choose the file from a list, FileOpenDialog can do that for you as well.

reference post #2 and post #5

If these computers aren't on a network share... you'll have to use other methods of connecting remotely to the machine.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”