Target Acquired: Neutralize or fail?

Little background on the script and myself:

-Recently started using autoit again, used it a long time ago as an amateur.

-A little more familiar with ACTool, but I want to "upgrade" to more possibilities.

-I've used the help files, I have things favorited, some things I just cannot get myself though(which is why I am now here) ;)

-What I am wanting from the code right now, is for it to scan an area for a change. A few ways I could do this from what I see, the one I would like to make work though being PixelCheckSum. I want it to perform the check and perform a mouse action until something DOES change, and as soon as it does I want it to execute a different mouse action. Now for the code:

<Removed>

I recently had a different version of the code, but last night in a frustrated mess and crunch for time I tried a few different possibilities.

The specific code begins on line 8 of the code, with the ;Target Nameplate afterwards. The code in question is currently 8-14.

Right now, I have it set to scan the area for blue, and when it sees the blue switch from the #2 skill to the #1 skill.

If the above code confuses you, I am sorry, I want it to perform something similar to "Do...until" with the until being when PixelCheckSum returns a change.

--

If anymore information is needed, please just ask!

(first posting, just tell me what needs tidied up or fixed and I'll do my best. [: )

Edited by Valik

Since I am able to make a few more posts though, could any older members tell me what happened on the Gaming and Bot forum?

It says abuse, but the rest looks like I would need to assume. I am thoroughly interested in scripting language, in the next school season I plan to go to the local college for network/database admin and possibly on the side do c++ and other languages. Depending on the abuse that was received prior, would it be possible to reopen a similar forum under set guidelines? As I said, I am interested in the language, but at the moment I am mostly interested in creating something that automates a player on a small scale(I do enjoy playing the games.) If there is no chance of me to gain knowledge in that area here, where could I go to move forward with my goals? I'm sure in the future I will return to the forum for what it is used for presently, but that's not my goal at the moment.

to recap my jumble of words:

-What happened to the old Gaming and Bot forum?

-Could it ever be reopened?

-Where could I go to learn further techniques and use of the language, if not the autoit forums?

Sorry if this topic is in the wrong place, feel free to move it if you'd like admins.

Please do not block me, I explained my purpose here and stated I am not seeking assistance on the above code any longer due to it being against the current forum rules.

Please and thank you. :)

You can read the old gaming forum for yourself. It's still visible.

As for re-opening it... you don't exactly go from a zero tolerance policy on game automation to opening a new sub-forum on the subject.

Finally, gee, thanks for giving me permission to move your topic. Like I really care about your permission if I want to do... anything with it.

Edit: Note, thread intentionally NOT locked.

Edited by Valik

I read through just some of the old sub forum, and I understand what could have prompted the decision to close it.

I wouldn't want that open if that is what the gaming forum turned into. I would want something mature and that promotes a person doing it themselves.

Thanks for not locking or blocking me, and taking the time to reply back.

I hope something could be considered for a new subforum, not the same policy as the previous.

Glad we could agree on the topic moving. ;)

A question I have that I didn't mention earlier,

am I able to ask questions about the actual code and proper usage on the forums currently?

My question with pixel checksum is more or less just how to properly fit/use it in code, and whether or not I can use it how I need it to be used.

• Moderators

Tehmedic,

As long as any code posted is sufficiently generic there is no problem. ;)

Normally we do not permit people to repost "sanitised" code which was initially meant for illegal purposes, but as you yourself called the rules violation and have reacted sensibly since, I see no reason why you should not do so in a new thread. :)

Besides this thread was not locked - and the old code is no longer available for comparison purposes. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

My question with pixel checksum is more or less just how to properly fit/use it in code, and whether or not I can use it how I need it to be used.

Then why didn't you ask that in the first place? What did all the extraneous information do aside from run afoul of the rules? Hint: That's a rhetorical question.

Normally we do not permit people to repost "sanitised" code which was initially meant for illegal purposes, but as you yourself called the rules violation and have reacted sensibly since, I see no reason why you should not do so in a new thread. :)

Well, thank you and everyone else for the responses. I'd love to learn more of the code, hopefully we can find ways to meet in the middle this way.

Hint: That's a rhetorical question.

I know I'm probably just another clutter that you had to clean up, but I think I like you. I'm not sure why you spent the time and didn't shut me down from the start, but thank you. ^_^

- Besides this thread was not locked -

Thank you mods. Think this thread is sufficiently solved, when I begin working on the code again I'll post my queries, and look forward to your responses. Don't be shy to correct me on anything I've done wrong, so I can one day be a productive member of the forum and code(Especially Valik, don't hold back on me now!) ;)