wtf koda formdesigner

The koda form designer is bugged for me

I have spent 2 day´s googling the hell out of this problem but i have not found any solution to it.

win764b pro koda form designer 1.7.3

i have 3 monitors the one on the right is set as my primary monitor. when i open koda formdesigner it opens there, while there if i try to access options ctrl+k it opens somewhere off screen and the program is stuck in a loop waiting for my input on the options screen which is nowhere to be found i press enter which triggers the cancel button on the options screen and i can interact with koda formsdesigner again.

If i move the koda formdesigner gui to the middle screen i can open options and it appears on my middle screen, which is interesting.

But generate code opens nowhere i have tried moving the koda forms designer on all screens and opening it and it doesn´t work.

Anyone got some input on this before i throw my 3rd monitor in the ocean.

Some time ago I worked on similar multimonitor problem at our customrs's PC in other application.

I heard about problems with some applications on multimonitor computers where primary monitor is not that left/top most one.

Try to change your monitor configuration to left/top (virtual) monitor to be the primary one if problem dissapear.

I know this is not fix just advice for workaround.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into this same issue today. I am using a laptop with a docking bay and a usb monitor adapter. The laptop does not like the primary monitor to be either the bay or the usb interface. I resorted to a technique I have used before to move a previously unreachable window to a monitor I could find. First, I enumerated all the windows with

#include <process.au3>
#include <array.au3>

$a_windows = WinList()
_ArrayDisplay($a_windows)

Then I looked through the list after selecting the "Generate Form Code" and found the window I was looking for. The title is "Code", so I just added the winmove and presto, I can see the window now. PITA, but it works.

#include <process.au3>
#include <array.au3>

$a_windows = WinList()
_ArrayDisplay($a_windows)

WinMove("Code","",60,60)

I know this was caused when I moved the window when the computer was only attached to one monitor. If I disconnect the monitors, I can see part of the code window hanging off the side of the screen. I think I looked into this before and found a registry setting that retains the last open position of the window, but am unable to find it at the moment, so this works in a pinch.

• 5 years later...

I know this post is ancient but I am having this exact same issue and while the above code does work I am finding that Koda is not saving the window location and I am trying to see if anyone knows the registry key that Koda is writing to to save this information. Any help would be great, or a replacement for Koda.

Koda hasn't been updated in nearly 8 years going by the changelog for it. I wouldn't expect an answer to this conundrum any time soon.

I'm not even sure it's still supported by anyone at this time. Guess you'll either have to deal with it, learn to code a GUI on your own or try one of the programs in this post

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

1 hour ago, BrewManNH said:

Koda hasn't been updated in nearly 8 years going by the changelog for it. I wouldn't expect an answer to this conundrum any time soon.

I'm not even sure it's still supported by anyone at this time. Guess you'll either have to deal with it, learn to code a GUI on your own or try one of the programs in this post

Thanks for the reply. That was my fear to be honest. I make all the minor changes and stuff that I want on the GUI but it's a lot faster just throwing a quick one together with KODA and then making changes after. KODA still works amazingly and while it could use a few feature updates it still does the job like a workhorse and this is the first issue I have ever run into with it. I will check out some of these other applications and see how they work.

Edited by xCROv

1) Koda keeps all configurations (including saved positions) in file fd.xml which is in the same directory as fd.exe

2) menu: Options/Options/Designer/Windows/Size and position saving: Don't save/Automatically/Manually

3) menu: Options/Remember position

--> details are described in Koda's helpfile (menu: Help/Content)

Thanks a ton! I completly forgot to look in the dang xml file. 

Edit: Looks like there was no XML file there and the "Remember Position" doesn't do anything as you can't push it with the Code window up.

fd.xml is located in the appdata\local\VirtualStore\Program File(x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Koda\ folder.

Edited by xCROv