list all open programs

What would you think would be the best way to make a list of all open programs ?

Its the hardest thing with my script and i have no idea how to do it.

Suggestions are welcome!

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

What would you think would be the best way to make a list of all open programs ?

Its the hardest thing with my script and i have no idea how to do it.

Suggestions are welcome!

You mean like programs? and not processes like task manager?

Yes, cause i know of ProcessList()

The plan is to make a program that swaps between to set programs when you hit a hotkey.

So im gonna make two lists and you choose a program on each list, and set a hotkey.

So when you press the hotkey, it will swap between the windows.

Edited by Maffe811

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

So then what you mean is that you want to list all open windows? Sorry if I do not understand, I'm just having a hard time comprehending this.

But it sounds like you really want to just detect two particular windows, and set a hot key to switch between the windows right?

Sort of like how you usually use [ALT] + [TAB] in windows right?

Edited by ApudAngelorum

Yes, basicly Alt+Tab, but on some specific windows you selected!

So you select window one, select window two, set hotkey and thats it

You press the hotkey, it switches back and forth.

All i really need is ProgramsList() like ProcessList() and i would be on my way.

Yes, basicly Alt+Tab, but on some specific windows you selected!

So you select window one, select window two, set hotkey and thats it

You press the hotkey, it switches back and forth.

All i really need is ProgramsList() like ProcessList() and i would be on my way.

I see now, I was confused because of the way you're referring to application/program windows as programs instead of windows, people don't usually describe them that way.

Anyway, sounds like you want to look into the function WinList().

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
Global $WindowNames[2] = ["window 1", "window 2"]; window names, or use classes, whatever floats your boat
Global $WinList

Func SearchWindows()
    $WinList = WinList()
    For $I = 0 To $WinList[0][0]
        For $V = 0 To UBound($WindowNames,1) - 1
            If StringInStr($WinList[$I][0],$WindowNames[$V][0]) Then
                ;Do something to detect your window name and set it's hot key
            EndIf
        Next
    Next
EndFunc
Edited by ApudAngelorum

I see now, I was confused because of the way you're referring to application/program windows as programs instead of windows, people don't usually describe them that way.

Yeah, its late, im having trouble even figuring out how to explain the simplest things.

So, sorry about the not so very best explanation of things :P

Anyway, sounds like you want to look into the function WinList().

Damnit, i knew there was something like that!

Thanks