Help with Yahomosis

Recently I've been working on creating a chat client based off of YMSGLib.au3.

I decided that I might want to get the community involved with this project a little bit.

(Note: the name is just Yahoo+Osmosis)

Posted Image

Currently the client isn't much to look at, but I've been focusing more on functionality.

Along with the basics of font formatting, sanitation and filtering this client supports third-party INF, avatars, some extended filtering options and other features.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Project Links:

I have created a project at Google Code for this:

If I reference any files, programs or archives not provided on this forum, they will be in Downloads.

This is my first time creating a Google Code project so I hope everything is accessible.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Credits:

... and, as I said, the GUI(s) still need alot of work once I get around to it.

My time is still somewhat restricted so updates may not be fast, but they'll happen.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything too important. :ILA2:

Comments? Questions?

Edited by crashdemons

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

very nice

great job

thank :D:D:D

Thank you, I'm glad you like this work-in-progress.

Oops, I did miss something; Added some credits to the first post for forum information I used.

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

hello cashdemons

Its awesome chat and done very well

I been following your other post in example scripts

and making a chat client as well but with A. I. chat robot A. L. I. C. E.

Iam trying to setup with a bot login and enter a chat room

and like to tick all my buddie list to chat with A. L. I. C. E.

only in the chat room...and using program e(aiml)db

there is a working chat bot by trillian pro and a plugin for trillalcie(old version)must

but since ymsg12 is dead.. Could use that as refrences for this

chat client(but close source code)

Could you or anyone else help me to write just for A.L.I.C.E

or hint me to able to get this script working...

Again your chat client written autoit script is awesome..

thanks for example scripts in other post that Iam using

Zapple2

I might be able to go over your GUI's and make them look better. I'm usually pretty good with that. - If you'd like me to.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

@zapple2, the source is open, just download the SRC archive. And I have provided a few examples in my YMSGLib thread for using Yahoo.

However, I think we have quite enough automated chatters on Yahoo.

@Andreik, as my pages note - the DLL is not included in the source package, but the source for the DLL is. You can acquire the DLL from the compile (bin) archive if you do not wish to compile it.

Please note that I accidentally named the DLL source project RenderText and it compiles to RendererText.dll while the chat client looks for ChatRenderer.dll (just renamed)

See Here: Yahsmosis - Setup: Installing the Source Archive

@Skrip, if you want to you can,

please provide either Koda form files (KXF) or source files for the GUI's without actually being a part of the Yahsmosis source so I can review and integrate them myself.

The GUI's are not really the highest priority at the moment and whether I get around to updating them depends on time and other issues.

I'm currently working on the next version, so far I've corrected a couple submitted issues in 0.7.12 and am [successfully] testing extension support.

(Extensions are user-allowed external scripts or programs that allow third-party authors to add some sort of capability to the client without changing the client itself)

I still have alot on my to-do list though.

Edited by crashdemons

hey

it have a error

:):):P

it can't load ChatRenderertext.dll

Could you please provide more information?

• Are you using the Compiled (BIN) or Source (SRC) archive?
  • If you are using the Compiled archive, did you extract the files to a folder before trying to run ChatClient.exe?
  • Does the file "ChatRenderer.dll" exist in the same folder as the executable or script? (should)
  • Is Yahsmosis running with permissions required to read/execute the DLL? (should require-admin on load)
  • Do you have any software that might be preventing access to the DLL?
  • Which operating system are you using? (shouldn't matter)
As a side note, I don't have any issue loading the DLL, personally...

The DLL *is* UPX-packed like the EXE, although that shouldn't make any difference.

And to fix what I said above, the executable will look for the DLL as one of the following filepaths:

.\Renderer\bin\RendererText.dll
.\ChatRenderer.dll

The first one being the directory that my C++ project for the DLL compiles to, the latter should be the normal path for the DLL.

Edited by crashdemons

thank :):)

I assume by your response that you corrected your posted issue yourself?

Unless I misunderstood where you might have meant "thanks, I'll try that."

Edited by crashdemons

0.7.13 is now available with some additions and issues fixed.

No GUI updates yet :)

+ Update History:

0.7.13 | 8:57 AM 10/3/2009-6:53 AM 10/19/2009 [compiled]
    Made changes to the client/userlist icons so that users who have not sent INF are displayed as Yahoo Messenger users.
    Miscellaneous small fixes.
    Added option to close all extensions in the Tools menu
    Added new two-way extension support. (Uses WM_COPYDATA)
    Removed old extension methods .
    Added Buddy/Ignore userlist colors - later there may be a seperate ignore lists, or maybe userlist view switching.
    Added User-Group Name to userlist tooltip info.
    Added Inherited Group Permissions option to userlist menu. (should all of this section be moved to a User-Groups submenu?)
    Fixed Issue #6 (http://code.google.com/p/yahsmosis/issues/detail?id=6) [DEP issue]
    Fixed Issue #7 (http://code.google.com/p/yahsmosis/issues/detail?id=7) [Avatar download issue with Cache disabled]

You may want to look over the Extensions page to see how you can write external programs that add capabilities to Yahsmosis. An example extension has (as well as some others) been added to the Downloads section.

In other news, the archives now have some additional information to help verify them.

I wish I could understand you better.

By "in my contact", do you mean your "contact list"? (also known as a Buddy list)

A buddylist will be one of the larger future features.

However, you can still "chat with" your friends by using PM's. (Private Messages)

If your friends appear in the userlist you can double-click them to open a PM.

Alternatively, if you want to PM someone who is not in the userlist, you can use the command "/pm username". (replace "username" with your friend's username)

If you were referring to Yahoo! Messenger conferences, those will be considered at a later date.

-----------------------

Main post updated with some links (Extensions, Avatars, Commands)

Coming Soon: a wiki page explaining the Filters window.

Edited by crashdemons

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd check in again.

The client has updated to release version 0.7.15

This includes some changes to resume, cloak, filters, and changes to extensions.

0.7.15 | 4:43 AM 11/12/2009-12:53 AM 11/22/2009 [compiled]
    Added the 'link' messagehost command for later chatscreen webpage changes.
    Implemented some ping packets to see if it helps with staying connected.
        (Requires YMSGLib 2.9c, which will be uploaded before the next release)
    Fixed a looping chat resume issue:
        Undid accidentally unsetting the Resuming state after you got logged in.
            Autojoin will not activate now if you're resuming, nor will AutoCloak
            And as such, you will not autojoin when you resume from the autocloak (loop)
        Cloak will refuse to work if chat is resuming.
        Chat is now not considered to be resuming if: Connected AND Logged In AND In Chat
    Changed the filter-related commands to add a newline under the new entry to prevent potential issues
    Added the 'vcinfo' command to output voice chat relevant info.
    Raised the internal extension maximum to 10 - I have no idea why it was still at 3.
    Changed Extension command behavior slightly
        If an extension returns SUCCESS for the command, no output is given.
        If an extension returns FAILURE for the command, the origin of the failure message is reported to the chatscreen.
        If an extension returns SKIP for the command, the command is broadcasted to the next extension (and so on)
        If the command is a normal extension command (see below for abnormal) and no extension returns SUCCESS or FAILURE, an error message is displayed to notify the user.
    In-Chat Commands that are not defined in Yahsmosis will now be checked against extensions for ease-of-use.
        This means that if a command is not defined, it will be sent as if the /ex command had been used.
            eg: "/missingcommand" will process the equivalent of "/ex missingcommand"
        If no extensions that are tried for the command return SUCCESS or FAILURE, the regular "No such command" message is returned.
        The real note here is that this change allows extensions to practically define new commands in Yahsmosis while they are active.

Fixed a small bug in "roomfix"s normal post detection
    Changed behavior of chat resume mode once you actually get logged in - still needs further testing.
    Added the the "roomfix" or "tb" command - this command changes your *current* roomname on outgoing chat text
        This was added so that you can get around the textban issues in Yahoo.
        Unlike "roomx" - there is no parameter to type, and this should work if you change rooms.
        Additionally, if a post is detected that has a regular roomname (indicates textban is over), this will automatically disable.
        NOTE: "roomx" will disable this option, and this option will disable "roomx".
    The "Yahoo>Recache cookies" menu now forces cookie retrieval, regardless of whether the current cookies have been marked as expired.
    Modified the filename for the temporary chatscreen webpage to include a timestamp.
        This should decrease issues with the chatscreen or messagehost/in-screen actions when running multiple Yahsmosis instances.
        NOTE: if you hard-quit (ie: /quit [hard]) then the temporary chatscreen file is not deleted.
    Added the 'roomx' command which will allow quickly modifying the outgoing roomname in chat text packets. See the Commands wiki.
    Changed Cloak mode behavior
        Fixed Cloak mode not resuming after some updates that changed yahoo error message behavior
        Cloak mode will now force a reconnection in resume mode if "Reconnect on Error" is enabled.
            If "Reconnect on Error" is disabled, you will be cloaked and will stay disconnected.
        Messages for cloak mode now change based on the state of the "Reconnect on Error" setting.
    Added Error Events for all yahoo errors passed in the 66 field, I believe all of these precede a disconnection anyway.
    Changed the 1015 resume/cookie expire to 1011 (the actual error that precedes the 1015, I think.)
    Added a resume for the 52 error that occurs at irregular intervals normally. (precedes at 1014)

It should be mentioned that the website now includes an Installer program and an Updater Extension.

The installer should let you install a release version (plus emoticons and the updater program) by merely clicking a button or two.

The updater extension interfaces with yahsmosis to get information (version and whether the program is a Beta), then it presents you with new updates, which you can install simply by clicking a button. (Note: Requires ZIP Folder support, but it should work on XP and higher; not sure about Win2k)

The updater has also recently been updated to fix an error for fast/failed downloads and the display text for matching release versions has changed.

------------------------

Aside from the release version, Beta version 0.7.16.35 (0.7.16 Beta, Build 35, that is) is available with some additions also:

Since 0.7.15, 0.7.16.35 adds Gravatar support and viewing the on-site list of many of the avatar libraries, changes how the chatscreen is zoomed and adds zoom buttons, and finally adds a way to activate/deactivate your account alias. (flood prevention technique)

0.7.16.35 Beta | 4:24 AM 11/25/2009-5:26 PM 11/28/2009
    Added zoom buttons on the main GUI for users without a mousewheel (- = + buttons)
    Removed 'act' alias for 'emote' which now is used for "activate"
    Added options to use "Gawd" mode (Deactivate alias for session).
        enable with /noact, disable with /act
    Added an option under the 'Options' menu to allow disabling outgoing INF data.
    Added a 'View' Menu containg options to enable/disable Avatars and Line Numbers
    Added 'gravatar' command to allow you to quickly set a gravatar via email address.
    Added 'avatar' command to allow you to change your avatar quickly.

Zoom method changed:
        Old zoom: $ChatScreen[0].ExecWB($OLECMDID_OPTICAL_ZOOM, $OLECMDEXECOPT_DODEFAULT, $iZoom, 0)
        New Zoom: $ChatScreen[0].document.Body.Style.Zoom = $iZoom/100;
    You can now view the remote list of avatars for the YA,YZ,CC,C7,OC,CH avatar libraries (see the Avatars wiki page on how)
        Added gravatar support, note: you can use the traditional xxxx@GV or GV\xxxx.
            Alternatively, you can use the form in the Options pane of the avatar window to get the gravatar of your email address
            Also, there is now an option to use Gravatars for Users without avatars.
                Note: assumes an email address for the gravatar. If the username isn't an email address, it's assumed to be [username]@yahoo.com
        The title of the "Browse" group box now tells you what you're browsing through. (All cached, cached from specific library, etc.)
        The Allowed/Blocked button on the Avatar window now reads "Lib Blocked" if the library for the avatar has been blocked.
            Clicking on the "Lib Blocked" button will open a confirmation window to allow the library.
        An avatar notification is displayed now when disabling "Cache All", telling you that placeholders aren't applicable while avatars are loaded from the chatscreen.
        The avatar window now enables/disables the "More Options" checkboxes when applicable

• 3 months later...

News update :(

Softpedia has recently listed Yahsmosis 0.7.15 Release (yahsmosis_0.7.15_bin.zip)

and they have given it the "100% CLEAN" award after testing it themselves.

Softpedia's page for Yahsmosis can be viewed HERE.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My comments on this are few.

I don't know how they decided on listing and testing Yahsmosis; but the words "any publicity is good publicity" come to mind.

However, there appears to be some mixed ideas from individuals about the validity of Softpedia's guarantees.

I'd like to know what your opinions are on this development.

• 2 years later...

I just downloaded Yahmosis and I have to say the feature I like best is me being able to up the font of the room. For someone with crappy eyesite, this is a great feature. I was wondering where the preference tab is.. I want to change the background color etc and can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Starr

• Moderators

starrchild,

Welcome to the Autoit forum. :)

I think you would be better served if you had posted this in the relevant thread - I will move it for you. But the author has not updated the UDF since Mar 2010 and has not been around since Feb of this year, so you might not get a quick response. :(

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area