PixelChecksum and image-files

Hello

I'm building system which consists of two different Autoit-applications. Another is Image tool that lets user load jpg-image and click and drag mouse over it to see coordinates. When user has selected rectangle over picture (which has been set using GUICtrlCreatePic) image tool gives PixelChecksum.

In other tool user can match screen against PixelChecksum given by image-tool using screenshot jpg to see if the part of image is still the same. However, this fails miserably. I suppose this has something to do with original image being saved to file first before calculating checksum, because the checksum from file never matches that of file.

Anybody know exactly why this is and is there way to fix it?

• Moderators

PixelChecksum.

In other tool user can match screen against PixelChecksum given by image-tool using screenshot jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try saving the screenshot as a .bmp.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Heh heh ok, I got it working using bmp. However, the most of the problems was caused by rectangle I displayed over image when user acquires checksum. AutoIt calculated the rectangle in checksum, so I fixed is so that rectangle is not shown for a while when checksum is being calculated :whistle:

Also, jpg loses a lot of information so checksum is very inaccurate. Bmp is definitely better, if bigger solution. I wish AutoIt would support png...