(resolved) shortcuts compatibly mode

I wrote a simple installer to suit my purposes.

Create folders in user's documents folder.

Convert all template scripts from my paths to new user's path.

Start-Menu shortcuts to the applications in my suite.

What I would like to do is set the compatibly mode on the file shortcuts, or even the file it'self. Any knowledge if this can be done? I can handle the logic I need a place to start if this is possible. How do I set a default compatibly mode?

Edited by Xandy

I think you can do this via the registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionAppCompatFlagsLayers

The value is the app path and the data is for example for compatibility for vista "VISTARTM" or XP might be "WINXPSP2" or "WIN98" etc...

EDIT:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.... to change for all users.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Thank you John, I will look into this and post a working example when I have time to get it working. Also I abandoned changing the reg because of something like an admin flag. Perhaps my users will have to choose between running an installer that throws a UAC warning or manually changing the compatibly mode. We shall see what I choose, thanks again!

Just out of curiosity why not create code that works on all platforms?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I would love to create code that works on all platforms. My general purpose macro runner uses things like send(), and hotkeyset(), it can also use _ispressed(). As a user you have the choice to use either method and there are different reasons to use either method. _ispressed for example can use any key as a modifier such as '=' or {HOME} but then all triggering key presses are sent to the application with focus too. Hotkeyset can only set hotkeys using shift, ctrl, alt as modifiers or no modifier, but all triggering key presses are removed from the Windows event que or some shit I make up terminology for things I don't know how to say. Because I do not know how to use send() or hotkeyset() on Vista, or 7 without setting compatibly mode to XP. I would like to handle that without instructing the user to do it. In the end I will do whatever it takes.

Edited by Xandy

I seem to be in error about send() and hotkeyset() not working without xp compatibly mode. They both work in win7 without it. My fault. Thank you. So my solution is as guinness suggested, "Just out of curiosity why not create code that works on all platforms?"

Edited by Xandy