Send Function in 3.3.8.1 and W7 fails?

Hello

I'm using AutoIt 3.3.8.1 in W7 and in my new script the send function is not sending keystrokes to another window.

The same script in another computer ( W7 same configuration) but AutoIt 3.3.6.1 is working OK.

You can use, as a example, the code example of the send function, or this code:

WinWaitActive("[CLASS:Notepad]")

Send("hello")

Execute the code, execute Notepad ( or focus it), and it never show the word "hello".

I have other scripts that use send function. They fail too. But they do it right with AutoIt 3.3.6.1.

Anybody have the same issue?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for my poor english.

• Moderators

I am running 3.3.8.1 on a number of Win7 boxes, and cannot reproduce your issue. The reproducer you supplied works fine for me.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

Indeed, I'd bet my old grandmas last kidney that it is not notepad you are trying to send to.

I'd be willing to bet your grandmas' last kidney too muttley Poor old Nana.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Indeed, I'd bet my old grandmas last kidney that it is not notepad you are trying to send to.

At least he is generous enough to have read the rules. You gotta give'em that. That's pretty damn rare around here.

wait, you mean send works on win7 now? I have got to try that. I'll feed back after shower and test. I still thought I set to set compatibly to xp.

edit: Ok, I was either mistaken about send() not working, or it has been resolved. Either way send() works for me in win7. Time to test hotkeyset()! All good there too. Seems to be resolved.

Edited by Xandy

Hello again. I've found the problem.

I'm using Synergy (http://synergy-foss.org), a program that lets you share the keyboard and mouse to several computers. In the computer acting as server ( the one with the keyboard and mouse) the send funcion fails. In a computer acting as client, send funcion runs OK.

Stopping the service in the server computer lets send funcion run ok. The problem is the use of another software who deals with keyboard.

That's all.

thanks all for your answers.