controls in AcqKnowedge 4.2 not seen by Au3Info

Hi,

I'm trying to use AutoIt to control the GUI for the AcqKnowledge software from BIOPAC systems. I could do this in AcqKnowledge 3.8.1, but the new version (4.2) seems to be hiding all of the controls. When I use the AutoIt info tool, all I get now is the window title and the cursor location.

I can call Send to toggle acquistion (ctrl-space), but I used to be able to check the status of some of the controls for other things I need to do.

Any tips on how to control the apparently non-Microsoft controls?

(from the AutoIt help)

Note: AutoIt only works with standard Microsoft controls - some applications write their own custom controls which may look like a standard MS control but may resist automation. Experiment!

Thanks for any help

• 3 weeks later...

Very little progress on controlling AcqKnowledge 4.2 with AutoIt. I can use MouseClick to select menu items, and with this I can do most of what I need to get done except for checking the status of the Start button. In v3.8.1, I could just check the Enabled status of one of the buttons, but these controls aren't available anymore.

I have found that the Start button can be dragged out of the main window, and then AutoIt can get the handle of this new window, but still no controls, and I can still only get the window title and text. I can't find a way to query this to see if the system is running or not.