Populating and Verifying Data for Input Box (External)

I am looking for a way to populate and verify a username and password field on a seperate program. It would be similar to populating and verifying Gmail account information. Before, I used mouse clicks to select the fields and send the username and password. Now I am looking for a way to select these fields without mouse clicks and, if possible, read the data and compare before submitting the fields.

I am trying to get these computers into complete automation if they ever lose network connections because they are almost inaccessible.

If anyone can supply me with ideas on how to do it for me to test or some sample code that does something similar I would appreciate your help.

• Moderators

It would be similar to populating and verifying Gmail account information.

Is it similar to populating GMail info, or are you populating GMail info? :)

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

It is similar to populating GMail info. I am actually running an .exe provided to me by another company and it requires a username and password to use the software. The old program I wrote for auto login made the window active and tabbed into the password field. That worked 80% of the time. The other 20% the insertion point does not start in username.