Strange Problem with ListView

Hi Guys,

I have a really strange problem. I am trying to automate the testing of a Windows Application.

Within the application, I have a TreeView which I can expand and select a sub-folder of.

This then display a list of items in the pane to the right which AutoIt Window Info informs me is a ListView.

However, I cannot seem to pick out items and select them from this ListView Pane.

I have tried the GUICtrlListView_GetCount function which tells me that there are 0 items in the ListView. I can clearly see that there are two items in there.

Is it possible that I have a ListView inside the ListView or something like this?

My code at the moment is this:

$hListView = ControlGetHandle($win,"cgAnimation1","WindowsForms10.SysListView32.app.0.2004eee2")

MsgBox(0,"",$hListView)

$Finditem = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hListView)

MsgBox(0,"",$Finditem)

and various other attempts at this kind of thing.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mark

• Moderators

If I understand you correctly, you're trying to click on an item in your ListView and read it? Or are you trying to retrieve a list of everything in the ListView? If it is the former, look at _GUICtrlListView_GetItemTextString in the help file.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

AutoIt can control only STANDARD controls.

WindowsForms10.SysListView32.app.0.2004eee2 is non-standard one.

Thanks for your reply and help Zedna,

so is there absolutely nothing I can do to select or read from this non-standard ListView?

I was able to access the TreeView fine so am surprised the developers have used a standard TreeView and a non-standard ListView.

The TreeView class is WindowsForms10.SysTreeView32.app.0.2004eee1 and the other ListView on the page is WindowsForms10.SysListView32.app.0.2004eee3

These both look non-standard.

cheers and huge thanks for your help

Mark