Any way to block macros in an application?

Hi,

I know its probably an unusual request, but is there any way to block macros from affecting an application? I know some games that dont let any keystrokes to be sent via macros at all. Even the hardware vendore software like Logitech, wont get past.

I just want to know if there is any trick you can do to make macros not work. I know its probably not possible, but is there any way to make it harder even. Its for a game, and Im trying to find out if its possible to stop people from using any macros in it for cheating.

I cant modify the game itself, but maybe a container or some additional script that stops the software generated keystrokes from reaching the application?

• Moderators

Storm, you seemed to have neglected to read the forum rules. Please do so now, especially the part about Zero Tolerance regarding game automation, and you'll see why you will receive no assistance.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

JLogan3o13, why did you report your post instead of the OP?

Anyway. This isn't about game automation per se. It's actually the opposite. However it lacks a bit of thought. If you can't integrate directly into the game then what's stopping people from just turning off the "security" feature before starting their bot? Since it would presumably be a different process then it's as simple as killing that process in a bot.

Thread still locked. It's sort of a gray area in the rules and it's an ill thought out question that likely won't go anywhere.