Installers that use embedded HTML windows - HELP

G'day all

I'm seeing more of these types of installers that use embedded HTML windows (eg Ccleaner, Bitdefender, etc).

They are getting to be a problem as you can't simply "ControlClick" a button and I've run into one that using "send" didn't work.

MHz came up with a good solution that looks good.

However, it relies on IE being the default browser!

SO

Question 1

Anyone got a better solution that will work no matter what browser is default? (NOT only for CCleaner)

Question 2

Is there an easy way of setting IE as the default then back to what the computer had set?

Thanks for any and all help!

John Morrison

2. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOThtmlfileshellopencommand

Thanks for that.

The question is...Is that the ONLY key that needs to be changed. I found a heap more http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/170215-46-default-browser-registry lists most of the keys that may need to be changed.... so I'm not sure if that will just be over kill.

If that is all that needs to be changed it makes things so much simpler. :)

WinAPIEx and search will help. See >> _GetDefaultBrowser

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

So why do you need to know and set the default browser? If you embed IE you embed IE. You don't run _IECreate() and get a "default browser" window, right? ;)

So why do you need to know and set the default browser? If you embed IE you embed IE. You don't run _IECreate() and get a "default browser" window, right? ;)

Simple. I'm talking about installing software (like Ccleaner) and accessing screens they create.

NOT software I've created.

WinAPIEx and search will help. See >> _GetDefaultBrowser

Thanks Guinness!

I think I'm going to try out the Reg verison simply because I can read-set-replace the default browser. :)

I'll let you all know IF it works....well as soon as I get my TAX done.

I only just realised I only have a few days before it's due in. :(

HATE papework!!!!

• 2 months later...

Hey storme!

Did you come up with a solution to doing this embedded window silent install tick/untick? I have been following this thread with interest (cause I like your work). At the moment I am working on a automated daemon tools lite install script using the interactive installer. I don't want to use the /s switch as it installs the junk ware (2 of them!). So it has 2 of these embedded windows which I want to tick NO to!

Also did you get the way of setting the default browser to IE using only the minimum amount of changes and then reverting back?

Cheers

I don't think there is anything here that requires IE to be the default browser. If an installer uses an enbedded browser control, it is not going to change from IE to Chrome or FF, they use an embedded IE control and the code from Guiness will always work. I think you're creating unnecessary work for yourself.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble