traytip freakyness

With consecutive traytips, only some show for inconsistent times.

Sometimes none show... Any help much appreciated! :whistle:

If $t = "s" Then
   If $rr <> "0" Then
      While TimerDiff($timer) < 600000;do the following until 10 minutes pass
->  $size = InetGetSize($ftpxdbr)
      TrayTip("blah", "Starting download..", 1, 1)
      $gd = InetGet($ftpxdbr, $spf & "n8.exe", 1, 0)
      While @InetGetActive = 1
->   TrayTip("blah", "Downloading ... " & Int(@InetGetBytesRead / $size * 100) & "%", 1, 1)[/B]
     Sleep(500)
      WEnd
      If $gd = "1" Then
      ExitLoop
      EndIf
      WEnd
   EndIf
EndIf
If $gd = "1" Then
   TrayTip("blah", "Download Complete!", 10, 1)
EndIf
If $gd <> "1" Then
   MsgBox(48,"Error","Download failed!")
   Run ('eventcreate /L Application /T WARNING /SO "ARRRG" /ID 2 /D "FAILED to download!"', "", @SW_HIDE)
   Exit
EndIf

You can ignore the stuff not between the arrows. I just put the rest to give context in case that matters.

As an afterthought, is there an equivalent to "eventcreate" for windows 2000 not in the form of a addon utility?

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......

There is a Windows enforced minimum display time for TrayTip() (As the documentation states). Calling a new TrayTip() will overwrite the previous one and it resets the display time. I have never (not?) seen a missed TrayTip() so I suspect what you term missed is probably just the script running faster than you can read, even with the sleeps and such. For example, I don't suspect to see this line for more than a flash:

TrayTip("blah", "Starting download..", 1, 1)

The only way to see it is if there is some latency in negotiating the download start, otherwise, its going to be immediately overwritten by the first progress display ToolTip.