SciTE optional setting storage

So been programming the AutoIt with the SciTE for around 3 years now. There are things I like and things I do not like. Most of these things are optional so I can pick and choose. So I turn off the things that I do not like, and they go away. Until I restart the SciTE, clearly I do not know what I'm doing there must be a way to save the settings.

Changes I make are:

• Hide code blocks / fold margins, fuck that shit I wanna see the code and I program until exastion the last thing I need in my 13k line script is code cloaking it'self because I miss-clicked.
  • The tool bar, not that big of a deal but I don't need it and I lose cycles each time I click it by accident. Also causes me addition time loss when I hit the close script, then I get to navigate back to the source file and launch it.
  • There is this new thing where error messages show in the source and make it harder for me to study the code, I don't like that but I haven't spent the time to figure out how to change it. and it's not even worth it until I figure out how to save the settings.
Basically I just want to know how to save the SciTE settings that I mentioned above.

I appreciate your time, I can apologize for not figuring this out myself, I just feel so busy and it would be helpful to know where to go. lol, I'll laugh if you tell me to goto hell.

Edited by Xandy

Usually you'd make the changes in the SciteGlobal.properties, or as a better plan in the SciteUser.properties file. The user properties file is a better choice because it won't be overwritten by a reinstall or upgrade of Scite or AutoIt. All of the settings can be found here, in the Scite documentation.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I found the global options file under the SciTE options menu. I was able to change the settings so that they are used each time I load SciTE. Thank you. Awesome BrewManNH, that is how I did it and you are telling me how it can be improved thank you!

Edited by Xandy