making the gui help please

ok

i want to make a gui but ive never done anything like this before

so please explain it in understandable english and dont post things like : "rubbish thread even a noob can do that" if ur here to post that then go away

please explain the following

making the gui appear (i had this but it would dissapear in an instant)

making an input box (so like you have a question of how old is santaclaus.. you can type in it)

these are the things i really like to know at the moment as i wanna learn this i know atleast one of you is gonna say read the help files...

i did and i was like :o wth did i just read?

thanks,

dragonheurt

Have a look at the tutorials on Wiki

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• Moderators

dragonheard,

No-one minds you being new to coding (we all were at one point ;)) but what you are asking is extremely basic.

Reading the Help file (at least the first few sections - Using AutoIt, Tutorials and the first couple of References) should help you understand how AutoIt works. The excellent tutorials that you will find here and here will also help you get a grip on the very simple script you are trying to produce. :)

If after reading those various reference works you cannot understand how to do what you want then, to be blunt, you need to consider if coding is for you. Coding requires a certain ability for logical thought and problem solving - if you cannot find the answer to this simple problem within those tutorials then you cannot hope to advance to more complicated scripts. No-one here is pushing you away, but we are not going to provide a personalised tutorial service for you. ;)

M23

P.S. You might like to look at InputBox in the Help file. ;)

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

If after reading those various reference works you cannot understand how to do what you want then, to be blunt, you need to consider if coding is for you. Coding requires a certain ability for logical thought and problem solving - if you cannot find the answer to this simple problem within those tutorials then you cannot hope to advance to more complicated scripts. No-one here is pushing you away, but we are not going to provide a personalised tutorial service for you. ;)

Read the help files, Reread, and read again! watch a few tutorial videos on youtube even.

Where as this forum is extremely helpful most of people here aren't going to help those who don't provide any effort. Always post your attempts as they make it easy to see what you want and what you're doing wrong.

Straight from the Documentation. Even includes an example.

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/InputBox.htm

If you have trouble understanding the wording or terminology be specific by what confuses you.

I'd much rather teach you how to read the documentation then teach you how to correctly use each function.

Attck

A true renaissance man

i downloaded the how to script with autoit package thanks for the links though i have a few problems

1: english isnt my main language so yea i do speak it sort of but i dont understand every existing word...

2: in 1 script the script had to wait on a window with text (notepad) so i wrote: winwaitactive ("Naamloos - Kladblok","Wilt u de wijzigingen die zijn aangebracht in Naamloos opslaan?"

and then i wrote send("!n") but it doesnt do anything...

there go's

run ("notepad.exe")
WinWaitActive ("Naamloos - Kladblok")
send ("this is some text")
winclose ("Naamloos - Kladblok")
WinWaitActive("Naamloos - Kladblok","Wilt u Wijzigingen die zijn aangebracht in Naamloos opslaan?")
send("!n")

Edited by dragonheard

run ("notepad.exe")
;WinWaitActive ("Naamloos - Kladblok")
WinWaitActive ("Untitled - Notepad");the caption for your notepad in the taskbar
send ("this is some text")
winclose ("Untitled - Notepad");same as the above caption
WinWaitActive("Notepad","");dialog window title of warning before closing notepad
send("!n")

This works for me, however this is an English version of the debug.

Never used winclose() before now, thanks for the heads up awareness.

I suspect you are not matching the name string criteria properly. So that the program just waits forever attempting to match a string that isn't going to occur. There is a window title match mode option too, let me find that for you real quick.

The match mode command is here:

opt("WinTitleMatchMode", $x)

Alters the method that is used to match window titles during search operations.

1 = Match the title from the start (default)

2 = Match any substring in the title

3 = Exact title match

4 = Advanced mode, see Window Titles & Text (Advanced)

-1 to -4 = force lower case match according to other type of match.

where $x is -4 to 4 depending on your choice of match mode.

So if you are have trouble with the character specification something like:

opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -1); could help by ignoring case of your specification.

Edited by Xandy

Try to use info which is consistent throughout different variations of Windows.

From the beta version of the help file, notice how I use 'CLASS' description instead of the title of the window.

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Run Notepad
    Run("notepad.exe")

; Wait 10 seconds for the Notepad window to appear.
    WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10)

; Wait for 2 seconds to display the Notepad window.
    Sleep(2000)

; Close the Notepad window using the classname of Notepad.
    WinClose("[CLASS:Notepad]")
EndFunc   ;==>Example

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018