[Newbie question] Transferring data from AutoIt to WB/OS

Hi AutoIt developers!

I'm all new to AutoIt, however, not to scripting in general. Currently I'm working on an own WB script and need to fetch a particular string from a website. As there are quite a few AutoIt based developments in the forums, I decided to give it a whirl and started scripting along and now it returns a string containing the needed information or 0 in case of error (no network connection etc.). :)

So far so good! Now I'm stuck because I need to get the return value out to the WB script somehow, and I'm unsure about the best way to do this—what would you advise? Windows clipboard or registry? Not my number one choice...

Should I write the string in a file instead? Is it possible giving my au3 executable a return value to call it in a cmd shell (hope you'll get what I mean)...? Any suggestions, hints, hacks, caveats are welcome!

Regards,

Mikka

• Moderators

You can certainly write the results out to an .ini file. My first question in a situation like this is always the same, however, are you certain you need to mix languages? Have you looked into whether AutoIt can do everything you're trying to do in WinBuilder?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!