If...Then...Else...Endif

I'm working on a driver installer as part of another application installer package and i have the "new" installation perfected. However, if the driver is already installed, and the user executes the application installer package, the driver installation window changes, so my AutoIt script no longer works. How can I embed "if...then...else...endif" logic to accommodate the different windows as pertains to the driver installation. Is there a way to check to see if the driver is already installed via the Add/Remove Programs control panel applet, or any other method that I can utilize within my AutoIt script? Thanx.

• Moderators

Hi, StMaSi, welcome to the forum. Usually when I am doing an application installer, I do my checks first, and then call the install in a function. Most installations can be found under HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall. Find the key that pertains to your product, and then a value inside that key. I usually use DisplayName. For example:

$var = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionUninstall{0001B4FD-9EA3-4D90-A79E-FD14BA3AB01D}", "DisplayName")

If $var = "PDFCreator" Then
;;Whatever you would like to do if the product is already installed, i.e. Exit.
Else
_install()
EndIf

Func _install()
;Do instally stuff
EndFunc
Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!