newbie autoit...

can anyone help me with autoit im a beginner and want to learn more. im making a simple program and exploring autoit i just want to learn to program with autoit. i already read all the tutorials and basics autoit programming. I made a program for mousewheel and it goes something like this..

Func exitthescript()

Exit

EndFunc

HotKeySet( "{F3}", "exitthescript" )

MouseWheel("up", 1000)

MouseWheel("down", 1000)

and the problem is after the 2000 clicks the program close...

how can i make this program run continously???

im a beginner and just want to learn programming with autoit.

Edited by 232showtime

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Correct answer, learn to walk before you take on that marathon.

• Moderators

Hi, 232showtime, welcome to the forum. Just out of curiosity, what application are you trying to interact with? Depending on the program, there may be much better ways to accomplish what you are trying to do.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

can anyone help me with autoit im a beginner and want to learn more.

im making a simple program and exploring autoit i just want to learn to program with autoit. i already read all the tutorials and basics autoit programming.

im a beginner and just want to learn programming with autoit.

I get it...

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

for experimenting for mouse movements and clicks and mousewheel or anything that i can learn... i saw a autoit video mousemovements from youtube and i copied the code and it is really fun. so i decide to learn some programming with autoit i already learn run(notepad.exe) sleep(2000) send("my message") etc... I just want to learn autoit and im still reading some tutorials and exploring it...

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

how and where did you learn those codes mechaflash? i want to read one...

Edited by 232showtime

for experimenting for mouse movements and clicks and mousewheel or anything that i can learn... i saw a autoit video mousemovements from youtube and i copied the code and it is really fun. so i decide to learn some programming with autoit i already learn run(notepad.exe) sleep(2000) send("my message") etc... I just want to learn autoit and im still reading some tutorials and exploring it...

Post the code you are using and we can look at it.

Insert your code in between the AutoIt tags.

Code here
Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

Are you new?

I'll admit it, I lol'ed.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Posted Image
Spoiler

hello there I already figured it out... i will try to make a program for keyboard automation, maybe some of you can help me if there's something i dnt know... thnks anyways... :ILA2:

hello there I already figured it out... i will try to make a program for keyboard automation, maybe some of you can help me if there's something i dnt know... thnks anyways... :ILA2:

We're all glad you figured it out :graduated::bye:

Spoiler