is there away to make this codes (PixelSearch,PixelChecksum) work at minimized windows window

No.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 2 months later...

yes there is

Well that is not PixelSearch/PixelChecksum, it's a third party library.

But anyway, how certain are you that it can search pixels in a minimized window?

I'm quite certain it cannot.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Well that is not PixelSearch/PixelChecksum, it's a third party library.

But anyway, how certain are you that it can search pixels in a minimized window?

I'm quite certain it cannot.

I am sure it is possible because i am using it in one of my project which are not allowed to talk here.

Thats why i never answered here:

I feel nothing.It feels great.

You can screenshot a window and search pixels from that screenshot, but you are still not searching pixels on a minimized window.

It's not splitting hairs or anything, it just is not the same thing.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

I use TaskSwitchXP, better than the XP task switch window. As well as that it shows the image of minimised windows, and you can download the source.

It takes a screenshot of the minimized window, so it's not a live view, which I think is what the OP was looking for, you can't do a live pixelsearch on a minimized window with this.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You can screenshot a window and search pixels from that screenshot, but you are still not searching pixels on a minimized window.

It's not splitting hairs or anything, it just is not the same thing.

Who said i used it only on background windows??? And who said it doesnt work on minimized window?

I said i modified a bit the function.

Getting size of windows can be done even in minimized windows

Because in this forum i get banned even thinking things like these.

And as we all know pixelsearch etc are used from begginers for game automatations(most of them)

P.S i got 3 warning points!!!

Edited by ileandros

You won't get banned for demonstrating how to pixelsearch a minimized window unless you're stupid enough to do it with an example using a game window. Should be extremely simple to come up with a working demonstration using any number of window examples that aren't games, hell you could even use paint minimized to do it.

Who said i used it only on background windows??? And who said it doesnt work on minimized window?

I said i modified a bit the function.

Getting size of windows can be done even in minimized windows

Can you please show me how to search pixels on a minimized window.

I'd like to search http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors for a certain color.

Please help.

Can you please show me how to search pixels on a minimized window.

I'd like to search http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors for a certain color.

Please help.

Take a SS on the minimized window you want. Make it as a var and then work on it.

Check also the Tesseract UDF. If you can manage modify the function(i think its the last one), it may help you.

I don't know where my projects are encountering these functions.

Maybe i will re-writte the function this week-end and give it to you IF i have the time cuz i work.

Do some search on these above. You will find an answer.

No offence, but that's not pixel searching or image searching a minimized window, that's searching on a screenshot of a minimized window which is not the same thing. So if the window information changes, there's no way for you to tell that it has changed unless you're constantly taking screenshots of that window and comparing them to each other.

Take a SS on the minimized window you want. Make it as a var and then work on it.

Check also the Tesseract UDF. If you can manage modify the function(i think its the last one), it may help you.

I don't know where my projects are encountering these functions.

Maybe i will re-writte the function this week-end and give it to you IF i have the time cuz i work.

Do some search on these above. You will find an answer.

OK thanks, but how can I get a screenshot of my minimized window?

OK thanks, but how can I get a screenshot of my minimized window?

I dont remember, its been long time i havent messed up with these functions but check the Gdi32.dll. GetPixel() function wont work on minimized windows or windows that are not on the screen. However they can work on a screen capture (check FF udf)

Edit: This is a function i found but i dont know if its still active. Maybe it need some modifications cuz i found it in 2009 autoit archive in my laptop.

Func _CaptureWindow($hWnd)
    Local $WM_PAINT = 0x000F
    Local $WM_PRINT = 0x317
    Local $PRF_CHILDREN = 0x10
    Local $PRF_CLIENT = 0x4
    Local $PRF_OWNED = 0x20
    Local $PRF_NONCLIENT = 0x2
    Local $PRF_ERASEBKGND = 0x8
    Local $pos = WinGetPos($hWnd)
    Local $Width = $pos[2]
    Local $Height = $pos[3]
    Local $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC($hWnd)
    Local $memDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC)
    Local $memBmp = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap($hDC, $Width, $Height)
    _WinAPI_SelectObject ($memDC, $memBmp)
    Local $Ret = _SendMessage($hWnd, $WM_PAINT, $memDC, 0)
    $Ret = _SendMessage($hWnd, $WM_PRINT, $memDC, BitOR($PRF_CHILDREN , $PRF_CLIENT, $PRF_OWNED, $PRF_NONCLIENT, $PRF_ERASEBKGND))
 _GDIPlus_Startup()
    Local $hBMP=_GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($memBmp)
    Local $hHBITMAP=_GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hBMP)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hDC)
    _WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hWnd, $hDC)
    _WinAPI_DeleteDC($memDC)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject ($memBmp)
    _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hDC)
    Return $hHBITMAP
EndFunc ;==>_CaptureWindow()

unless you're constantly taking screenshots of that window and comparing them to each other.

Yeah thats exactly what i mean! Edited by ileandros