ShellExecuteWait help needed

Zags

Hello all, I'm having a problem with the ShellExecuteWait fuction. At one point in my script I need to start Windows' "Connect to a Network Projector" wizard.

ShellExecuteWait("C:\Windows\system32\NetProj.exe","", "C:\Windows\system32")

However, when the script reaches this point, it gives me the error: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\NetProj.exe' . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." I know that's the correct directory, and the name of the exe I'm trying to run. If I change "NetProj" to "Notepad", Notepad launches, same with Netplwiz.

Is there something special about NetProj.exe that I'm not aware of?

Depends on the windows version you use.

What do you get if you replace ShellExecuteWait with RunWait?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Didn't think to mention the windows version. I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

Replacing ShellExecuteWait with RunWait does not produce an error, but the wizard doesn't lauch either. The script quits, Exit code: 0 but does not appear to have actually done anything.

If you are running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 then it looks like a File System Redirector problem.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

If you are running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 then it looks like a File System Redirector problem.

Yes, I'm running 64 bit windows. I compiled the script to exe (x64) and it works. I'm assuming the editor defaults to 32 bit when you tell it to run the script. I wish I understood exactly what was happening with the redirection problem. I'm sure theres a way to do this with a 32bit exe, but the solution is a bit beyond me right now.

I think if you compile the script for 32 bit on a 64 bit system you need to access directory SysWOW64, not System32.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki