Authentication Server for AutoIt program

icu

Dear AutoIt community,

I want to create an AutoIt program that checks an Authentication Server via the internet for validity. I know about XProTec.au3 and it is not applicable for what I want to create because my AutoIt program is 'assisting' another program to authenticate. I also know that AutoIt can be decompiled and that nothing is 100% safe. I'm just looking to make it difficult for hackers by using a number of hurdles and the AutoIt program bit will be another hurdle for a cracker to get through.

I've looked through the forums but haven't seen anything that answers my questions. Having never done anything like this I need some advice.

Firstly, how should I go about this sort of authentication? How would I encrypt the internet traffic between AutoIt and the server (to avoid packet sniffers)? Also what sort of server implementation is recommended? I was thinking Ubuntu running SQL but I'm open to suggestions. And is there any learning resources the community can recommend like books/example code/video tutorials?

Many thanks for your replies.

HI, I had a similar problem, I had made an installer for a chat program, and this installer installs the chat program (yes..), set the preferences, set the proper user (based on the machine name) and retrieve the password .

How ? it make a tcp communication, it send the username encrypted and a (very ) little (beta stage) server returns the password encryted.

this is my little server:

#region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=IconeFull iconetworkoptions.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#endregion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#include "TCP.au3"
#include "string.au3"
#include <SQLite.au3>
#include <SQLite.dll.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ListViewConstants.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Global $idlist[50], $idcounter = 0, $listLimit = 50, $semipass = "YourPasswordHere", $clientcounter = 0, $sending, $Arow, $Received, $hSocket
#region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:program files (x86)autoit3examplesnsc_testformsauraserver.kxf
$Form1_1 = GUICreate("Aura Server V.0.3", 301, 401, 192, 124)
GUISetBkColor(0xC0C0C0)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Client connessi: ", 5, 304, 112, 18)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, 800, 0, "Verdana")
$nclientconnessi = GUICtrlCreateLabel($clientcounter, 120, 302, 45, 20)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "Verdana")
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x00FF00)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x000000)
$ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("time                      | event                           ", 5, 5, 290, 290)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "Verdana")
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFF00)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#endregion ### END Koda GUI section ###
$idlist[$idcounter] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(@YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & "|creazione server ", $ListView1)
$idcounter += 1
$hServer = _TCP_Server_Create(2400); TCP socket server
_TCP_RegisterEvent($hServer, $TCP_NEWCLIENT, "NewClient");this function  called when a new client connects to the server.
_TCP_RegisterEvent($hServer, $TCP_DISCONNECT, "Disconnect");  will get called when a client disconnects.
_TCP_RegisterEvent($hServer, $TCP_RECEIVE, "Received"); NSC ;will get called when something is received
While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
  Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
   Exit
EndSwitch
If $idcounter > ($listLimit - 5) Then
  GUICtrlDelete($ListView1)
  $ListView1 = GUICtrlCreateListView("time                    | event                           ", 5, 5, 290, 290)
  GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "Verdana")
  GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFF00)
  $idcounter = 0
EndIf
; sleep (500)  ; serve
WEnd

Func NewClient($hSocket, $iError);
$ipclient = _TCP_Server_ClientIP($hSocket)
$idlist[$idcounter] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(@YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & "|NC " & $hSocket & " " & $ipclient, $ListView1)
$idcounter += 1
$clientcounter += 1
GUICtrlSetData($nclientconnessi, $clientcounter)
GUISetState()
$hello = _StringEncrypt(1, "dtready", $semipass & @MDAY)
_TCP_Send($hSocket, $hello); spedisco "dtready" per salutare il client
EndFunc   ;==>NewClient

Func Disconnect($hSocket, $iError); Damn, we lost a client. Time of death: @Hour & @Min & @Sec :P
$idlist[$idcounter] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(@YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & "|CC " & $hSocket & " ", $ListView1)
$idcounter += 1
$clientcounter -= 1
GUICtrlSetData($nclientconnessi, $clientcounter)
GUISetState()
EndFunc   ;==>Disconnect

Func Received($hSocket, $sReceived, $iError);  called when something is received.
$Received = _StringEncrypt(0, $sReceived, $semipass & @MDAY) ;decrypt and show
$idlist[$idcounter] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(@YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & "|RX " & $hSocket & " = " & $Received, $ListView1)
$idcounter += 1
; comprendo la richiesta...
Select
  Case StringLeft($Received, 25) = "spark requesting password"
   $sending = trovapass()
   $sending = _StringEncrypt(1, $sending, $semipass & @MDAY)
   _TCP_Send($hSocket, $sending); spedisco la pass al client
   $idlist[$idcounter] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(@YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & "|TX psw to  " & $hSocket & " ", $ListView1)
   $idcounter += 1
  Case Else
   $idlist[$idcounter] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(@YEAR & @MON & @MDAY & @HOUR & @MIN & @SEC & "|? request unknown..  " & $hSocket & " ", $ListView1)
   $idcounter += 1
EndSelect
EndFunc   ;==>Received

I omitted only the function trovapass() , the function that returns the password to be encrypted and sended.

You have to get the tcp.au3 UDF by Kip (thanx to the author!) from

Creating the client is doable if you understand the server.

Bye

@t0nZ: Thank you for the reply and advice. I need some time to dissect your code since I haven't coded in AutoIt for about a year.

@nullschritt: Thank you for your reply and the link. Yes the other forum post is pretty much what I'm looking for (seems like it was posted after mine which is why I missed it). I've seen yours and others replies to that post and I'm going to see if I can collaborate or at least compare notes with 13ktuz.

There is a lot of leads/hints given there and enough to make a start.