Error with GUI_DRAGFILE

Hi guys, as the title says somewhy I can't use the @GUI_DRAGFILE. Here my code is:

$Form2 = GUICreate(" FTProject [UPLOAD]", 211, 122, 403, 231, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES,$WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,$WS_EX_TOPMOST,$WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))
GUICtrlSetState (-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Drag a file here to start uploading!", 8, 8, 199, 17)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
$Progress1 = GUICtrlCreateProgress(6, 96, 198, 17)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
_FTP_Close($Open)
Exit
EndSwitch

msgbox(0,"",@GUI_DRAGFILE)
WEnd

Unknown macro.

What did I fail?

----------------

Edit:

Theoritacally I found the problem, but not sure yet. GUISetonEvent?

Edited by Unc3nZureD

Unless there is a file dropped onto the GUI, that macro doesn't work, there's a similar issue with using @GUI_CtrlID, if no control has been actioned, you get an error when using it. It's working as intended because you're trying to access something that doesn't apply.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

GUIDelete($Form1)
$Form2 = GUICreate(" FTProject [UPLOAD]", 211, 122, 403, 231, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES,$WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,$WS_EX_TOPMOST,$WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))
GUICtrlSetState($Form2, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Drag a file here to start uploading!", 8, 8, 199, 17)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_DROPPED, _UploadFile(), $Form2)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
_FTP_Close($Open)
Exit
EndSwitch
WEnd
EndFunc

Func _UploadFile()
msgbox(0,"", @GUI_DRAGFILE)

I thought it'll be working. But it instantly gets activated. Still can't get it working :S

One thing I see is that you're mixing OnEvent mode and MessageLoop mode, that won't work.

If you could post a script that reproduces the error, that someone can run, it will make it easier to see exactly what it is you're attempting and why it's not working.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#include <FTPEx.au3>
#include <String.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <ProgressConstants.au3>

GUICtrlSetState (-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Exit
EndSwitch
WEnd

So that thing that it should do is:

If somebody drags a file into the Form, it will upload the file to a given FTP.

Edited by Unc3nZureD

Try this demo, run it from SciTE and it will display the name of the file dropped on the label in the lower panel.

#include <FTPEx.au3>
#include <String.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <ProgressConstants.au3>
$Form2 = GUICreate(" FTProject [UPLOAD]", 211, 122, 403, 231, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Drag a file here to start uploading!", 8, 8, 199, 40)
GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xffffff) ; set the background color so you can see where the label is.
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
     $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
     Switch $nMsg
          Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
               Exit
          Case $GUI_EVENT_DROPPED ; actioned when a file is dropped on the label, because that is the only control set w/$GUI_DROPACCEPTED
               ConsoleWrite(@GUI_DragFile & @CRLF)
          Case $Label1 ; click the label and it will display what file was dropped on it.
               ConsoleWrite(@GUI_DragFile & @CRLF)
     EndSwitch
WEnd

You're welcome.