Mouse Double Click Fix Program

Hi,

Currently, I am facing the mouse double click problem that when I make one click on the folder to mark it, it would actually open the folder, as mouse double-clicked even though I have only pressed left button once. Also, when I try to mark part of the text by holding left mouse button and dragging over the text, upon the release of the button, marked text was automatically unmarked as the mouse double clicked.

So, I am thinking to develop a very basic program to fix this using AutoIt that simply alter the "super fast" double click become single click. I have done some searching on the internet and I found a thread talking about this at http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88656. They are talking about using AutoHotkey to do so.

So, am I able to do it with AutoIt? If can, how? What are the function that I can use? I need some guide here. If I am able to create it, I believe it will not only benefit to me but also to many other people who face the same problem as I am planning to put it (software) for free to everyone.

Any help is very appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

If it's a hardware problem of your mouse (as described in the linked thread) wouldn't it be easier to buy a new mouse?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Well, this is my second mouse already after I experience the double problem with my previous mouse just a few months ago. Seems like now a days the mouse quality is really lauzy. So, I am thinking this kind of software shouldn't be hard to write if AutoIt is able to do so to solve the problem of keep on changing mouse. Is it possible with AutoIt? Thanks.