Sign in to follow this  
daxle

Use ConsoleWrite() to execute command in the same shell?

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there was a way to use ConsoleWrite() to execute a command? I am looking to execute a command from an AutoIt program (a console app in this case), within the same shell as said AutoIT program was launched. ConsoleWrite() seemed to be the closest command available, as it writes directly to the StdOut stream. Perhaps there is an other command that I am ignorant of however, such as a way to use Run() to write to the same stream as ConsoleWrite()?

As always, any help is much appreciated!

ConsoleWrite() is used just for output to StdOut. Pretty sure it can't be used to execute commands, unless you pipe it into some other program. As for the Run() command, you might look at the 0x10 ($STDIO_INHERIT_PARENT) opt_flag.

Whenever someone says "pls" because it's shorter than "please", I say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By emendelson
      After fifteen years of working in AutoIt, I'm still a beginner, so I have ConsoleWrite() lines all over my scripts to help me find my mistakes. Is it likely that these lines are slowing down my compiled scripts? If so, would it make sense to replace all the ConsoleWrite() lines with
      If Not @Compiled Then ConsoleWrite("data") Or is it better simply to comment out those lines when I have things working correctly?
      I'm not sure there's a clear answer to this question, but I hope someone knows a lot more about it than I do.
    • By rmckay
      Hello,
      I've added ConsoleWrite lines to functions I've created.  The format for the ConsolWrite statements is : (@CRLF & $sPath  &  '('  &  @ScriptLineNumber  &  ') : *** Func _ABC() ***: '  &  @crlf ).  $sPath  is defined as the filepath to the file containing the function - Local $sPath = "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\AutoIt\NT8 Download Replay Data\DownloadReplayFunctions02.au3" 
      Local $sPath = "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\AutoIt\NT8 Download Replay Data\DownloadReplayFunctions02.au3" ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & $sPath & '(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : *** Func _oMenuItemHistoricalData() ***: ' & @crlf ) The result is that I can access the functions from the Scite output window when the function is located in another file which is included in the main file.  For some reason Scite adds a line to the code when I switch to the Include file from the output window.

Why does the line get added to the script and can I stop if from appearing?
      Thanks,
    • By SkysLastChance
      I am trying to figure out why my mouse move does not end up in the same spot as the test version
      I am on the struggle bus. (Both Examples below)
      #include <IE.au3> Local $xWidth = 2 Local $xHeight = 2 Local $vOperator = '/' Local $oIE = _IE_Example("form") Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "ExampleForm") Local $oTextArea = _IEGetObjByName($oForm, "imageExample") Local $iScreenX = _IEPropertyGet($oTextArea, "screenx") Local $iScreenY = _IEPropertyGet($oTextArea, "screeny") Local $iWidth = _IEPropertyGet($oTextArea, "width") Local $iHeight = _IEPropertyGet($oTextArea, "height") Local $iMousespeed = 20 MouseMove($iScreenX + $iWidth / 2, $iScreenY + $iHeight / 2, $iMousespeed) ;Test Example ;;MouseMove(Execute(($iScreenX + $iWidth) & $vOperator & $xWidth), Execute(($iScreenY + $iHeight) & $vOperator & $xHeight), 25) ;My Example  
    • By Luigi
      Greetings,
      Is possible build a script to send/receive commands in "Native Messagin" ?

If you install this extension:
      https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/native-messaging-example/mefhabneoickhhbiglkmehhmemefkopf/related
      And this complement:
      https://github.com/Mandar-Shinde/Google-Chrome-Native-Messaging/releases/download/V1.0/GoogleNativeClient.exe

You have a work example to send / receive messages from Google Chrome's plugin and NativeMessagingApp.exe.

I found the source NativeMessagingApp.exe's here:
      https://github.com/Mandar-Shinde/Google-Chrome-Native-Messaging
      I try build this script... But not work...

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4 #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=C:\Users\Public\GoogleNativeClient\NativeMessagingApp2.exe #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=y #AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #NoTrayIcon #include-once #include <Array.au3> #include <JSMN.au3> ; https://github.com/chechelaky/AutoIt/blob/master/JSMN.au3 #include <Debug.au3> Global $msg = "@empty" Global Const $CLIENT_START = '{"text":"Client Started"}' Global Const $CLIENT_STOP = '{"text":"Client Stopped"}' Global Const $CLIENT_CLICK = '{"text":"Client Click"}' _DebugSetup("NativeMessagingApp2", True, 4, @ScriptDir & "\NativeMessagingApp2.log", True) Global $read, $json, $out = "" If IsArray($CmdLine) Then ;~ $msg = @LF & "Google Chrome Native Messaging App V1" & @LF & @LF & _ ;~ "GPLV3 software distributed under the License is distributed on an ""AS IS"" BASIS" & @LF & _ ;~ "WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied." & @LF & _ ;~ "See the License for the specific language governing permissions and" & @LF & _ ;~ "limitations under the License." & @LF & @LF ;~ Local $size = UBound($CmdLine, 1) - 1 ;~ $msg &= "App running with args=" & $size & @LF ;~ For $ii = 0 To $size ;~ $msg &= $ii & " : " & $CmdLine[$ii] & @LF ;~ Next ;~ _DebugOut($msg) EndIf sendMessage($CLIENT_START) While Sleep(10) $read = ConsoleRead() If @error And $out Then _DebugOut("$read...............: " & $out) $json = Jsmn_decode($out) If @error Then _DebugOut("$json...............: @Error") Else _DebugOut("$json...............: @Ok") EndIf If IsObj($json) And $json.Exists("text") Then sendMessage('{"text":"' & $json.Item("text") & '"}') Else sendMessage('{"text":"@Error"}') EndIf $out = "" Else $out &= $read EndIf WEnd Func sendMessage($var) ConsoleWrite($var & @CRLF) _DebugOut("sendMessage===>" & $var) EndFunc ;==>Say  
      Edit the file:
      C:\Users\Public\GoogleNativeClient\com.google.chrome.example.echo-win.json

And replace:
      "path": "NativeMessagingApp.exe",
      By:
      "path": "NativeMessagingApp2.exe",
      Then plugin call the AutoIt script...

But is not functional...

About the file mainwindow.cpp, have this function:
      inline QString sendMessage(QString data){ unsigned int len = data.length(); cout.write(reinterpret_cast<const char *>(&len), 4); cout << data.toUtf8().data() << flush; return ""; } How re-write this to AutoIt?
      How execute a flush?

Best regards.
    • By Danyfirex
      Hello guys.  It's been awhile since I shared something. So today I want to share my last project.
      What's Loga?
      Loga is a simple logging library to keep track of code with an integrated console.
      Features.
      Common log levels. Integrated console. Multiple instances. Custom color and font for each instance log level. Define output format with macros. Conditional and occasional Logging. Easy to use. Basic Usage:
      #include "..\Loga.au3" ;This are some of the default settings: ;Default log level $LOGA_LEVEL_TRACE ;output format: {Symbol}{LogIndex} {LevelName} {LongDateTime} {Message} ;Log to File is enabled. ;Log file name format: YYYYMMDDHHMM-Loga-InstanceIndex.log ;Custom Console is disabled by default. ;By default log to STDOUT. _LogaTrace("I'm Trace") _LogaDebug("I'm Debug") _LogaInfo("I'm Info") _LogaWarn("I'm Warn") _LogaError("I'm Error") _LogaFatal("I'm Fatal")  
      More examples here.

Check Loga on GitHub.

Loga Latest Release v1.0.2.

Saludos