WinActivate

AC130

AU3_API void WINAPI AU3_WinActivate(LPCWSTR szTitle, /*[in,defaultvalue("")]*/LPCWSTR szText);

I converted it to VB.NET, but it won't work. Here are my parameters:

(ByVal Title As String, Optional ByVal Text As String = "") As IntPtr

MouseMove and Sleep work fine. Any reason why WinActivate isn't working?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't claim to know everything about it. In fact, I haven't even touched it in a very long time.

Get rid of As IntPtr and declare it as a sub instead. It doesn't return anything.

I was really hoping that would work, but it didn't. :( I PM'ed you the whole declaration, if you don't mind.

Grade? We're not here to do your homework.

I just need help with one declaration... After that, I'll be able to look at why my declarations didn't work and fix the others. C'mon, help! You know you want to. :D

I tried. I haven't touched VB.Net in years so honestly I was guessing.

I see. Owell, I got it working. Now I'm only having problems with AU3_Error. I used:

(ByVal Value As Integer) As Integer

I call it like this:

(AU3_Error(0))

I receive error:

Unable to find an entry point named 'AU3_Error' in DLL 'AutoItX3'.

My guess is the declaration is incorrect. I tried removing the ByVal, but that resulted in the same error. Any tips?

Err.. well no parameters. It returns int.

I don't entirely understand.

AU3_Error As Integer... (No paramaters)

Results in error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

You may need to change the calling convention to match the dll. I don't remember what convention you need though because I don't have AutoIt installed.

Why should I have to do that? All the other functions work fine, thus far. The paramter in c++ is (void), that means "nothing" in VB.NET. I should only have to change the parameters, but none work.

Ok, let's scrap that question for now. Are these the correct paramters for WinGetHandle?

AU3_API void WINAPI AU3_WinGetHandle(LPCWSTR szTitle, /*[in,defaultvalue("")]*/LPCWSTR szText, LPWSTR szRetText, int nBufSize);

(ByVal Title As String, ByVal Text As String, ByVal szText As String, ByVal Buffer As Integer) As Integer

In the original AutoIt language, there are only two parameters; the last two don't exist, so I'm not sure on what to put for "szText". From google, I understand the buffer size, and 256 seems to be efficient.

What should I put for sztext?