$xz=_Crypter("Data to encrypt",0)
MsgBox(0,"k",$xz)
$xz=_Crypter($xz,1)
MsgBox(0,"k",$xz)

Func _Crypter($String,$Operation)
_Crypt_Startup()
Switch $Operation
Case 0
$x=_Crypt_EncryptData($String,"akciok",$CALG_RC4)
Return $x
Case 1
$x=_Crypt_DecryptData($String,"akciok",$CALG_RC4)
Return $x
EndSwitch
_Crypt_Shutdown()
EndFunc

Ok, why the hell this is not working. No sense at all. :ranting:

And why would I need _Crypt_DeriveKey?

Examples on help file doesn't explain it. What's for? (Please don't copy-paste from help or link me to help file...

Edited by Newb

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.

Hate to say this, but you need to read the help file more thoroughly. Here's your script updated to work properly.

#include <crypt.au3>

$xz = _Crypter("Data to encrypt", 0)
MsgBox(0, "k", $xz)
$xz = _Crypter($xz, 1)
MsgBox(0, "k", $xz)

Func _Crypter($String, $Operation)
    _Crypt_Startup()
    Switch $Operation
        Case 0
            $x = _Crypt_EncryptData($String, "akciok", $CALG_RC4)
            Return $x
        Case 1
            $x = BinaryToString(_Crypt_DecryptData($String, "akciok", $CALG_RC4)) ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< the function returns a binary string
            Return $x
    EndSwitch
    _Crypt_Shutdown()
EndFunc   ;==>_Crypter

From the help file:

Remarks

The decrypted data is always returned as a binary string even if the encrypted data is in fact a string (cast with BinaryToString)

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn....

Thank you BrewManNH, really appreciated your kindness.

Any further info about DeriveKey?

What's the use of derive a key from a password and use it as a password?

Thanks

I'm a compulsive poster. When I post something, come to read it at least 5 minutes later after the posting, because I will edit it. I edited even this signature a few minutes later after I wrote it.