Missing Recorder and other features after installing AutoIt AND SciTI Win7 x64

i have downloaded and installed both the latest AutoItV3 and the add on SciTe.

even after both are installed, when i run the SciTE program from start menu OR C:\Program Files x86\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTe.exe

both ways are missing the recorder tool from the tools menu.

i have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with severl changes.

once with all defaults and default path.

once choosing 64 bit method with default path

once with 64 bit method with path to 64 bit program files folder.

once having installed twice at same time 32 bit and 64 bit.

no matter what I do the recorder is missing. if i install with ALL defaults again and navigate to start>program files>autoIt folder i do see the recorder feature shot cut there but when i click on it it says the EXE is missing.

i have searched google and the forums and can on lt find instances where the recorder is installed but the DLL files are not properly installed due to the 64 bit confusion and the installer.

what am i doing wrong?

Ok so finally got it installed but I have to run recorder manually from c:program files x86autoit3extrasrecorder

now im having issues where no matter what I record, every time i save the script and attempt to run it, i immediately receive an error

AU3RecordSetup()

^ ERROR

Error: Unknown Function name.

from searching it looks like i just need to edit my script and add an underscore however i must ask..

if i used the recorder to record my actions and save to a script file. why didn't the recorder utility add the underscore for function properly?

is this a bug or something i can prevent or setting i can change somewhere? that's repetitive and i might have to automate that adding of an underscore task :)

I recall seeing a thread that the script recorder had been removed, because of lack of development. You might be able to find that thread. I think the consensus was that if you had an old version, the old script recorder may or may not work for you.