Help me : Windows 8 Problem register dll

Efo74

Can someone help me ?

Yesterday I have install Windows 8 Professional 6.2 (Built 9200). I use a script that register a dll for PDF creation (copy in this forum). In Windows XP/7 this script works very well,but in Windows 8 I cant register this dll.

This is the registration dll script:

Local $sMPDFDLL = @TempDir & "\MPDF.dll"

If Not FileExists($sMPDFDLL) Then

Local $hMPDFDLL = FileOpen($sMPDFDLL,18)

FileWrite($hMPDFDLL, $sData)

FileClose($hMPDFDLL)

ShellExecuteWait("regsvr32.exe","/s " & $sMPDFDLL,"","",@SW_HIDE)

EndIf

If I make the same command "regsvr32.exe /s ..." in a elevated Prompt this works very vell. Is there a way to register a dll in the script ??? What I'm wrong ??

:rolleyes:

Did you try using #RequireAdmin?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I had a similar problem a few days ago with a dll file that didn't even need registering. On windows 7 32 bit it needed to be in system32 so I tried putting the 64 bit dll in the systemWOW64 on the windows 7 64 bit system. It didn't work and after some searching I found that it had to be put in the system folder and then everything worked correctly.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Thank you for the information. I woult like to thank you for your library ("Access udf") Geosoft, I use your library because I Homemade a simply invoice program and other various programs. But now I would like to change access database in my programs to sqlite ... but I must study how sqlite works. Access db is simply to use. :bye:

:rolleyes:

Good time to make the change too because that library is no longer supported. I'm not going to re-write it to handle the new COM handlers in AutoIt and I no longer use MSAccess anyway.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"