Verify Audio is playing

Ok, here is my situation. I searched the forums and did not see anything related to what I am trying to do. I have the script I am just missing one thing that I can not figure out.

I stream music online I would like my script to check and verify audio is playing every 30 seconds or so and if not take a set of actions. Does anyone know how to verify audio is playing?

Any help would be nice, Thank You.

Hi,

Can you post your script if it deals with the audio stream?

I think you can take a look at the FF UDF, if you play the stream with the Firefox browser, maybe you will be able to check if the stream is playing.

Br, FireFox.

Im not using firefox, i you IE 9 works best for the stream I am using. Also I only have the action script that tells it what to do if the stream stops playing thats where I am stuck I do not know how to make it check if the stream is still playing so I can insert that into my script. So right now I have half a script and seem to be making no progress. If anyone knows the script commands I can figure the rest out just have no idea how to make it check. Even if there is a way to verify audio is coming out the speakers or somthing like that. Any help please. Thank You.