Use FireFox or alternative browser object?

I was wondering if it would be possible to use another browser (preferably firefox) to make an html object(rather than ie)

(without the user needing to install firefox, like say just a dll file or something, or a com object autoit can install?)

I ask because when emulating under WINE in linux, I.E. control don't work because there is no working IE com object, so it uses a special plugin that allows firefox com object to work for sending/receiving requests and displaying html.

Thanks in advance!

I once read about some sort of gekko object project, but it was very old and looked abandoned

Not here on the forum for somewhere else on the internet.

I have never seen anything like what you describe on this forum, and used with AutoIt.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I'll check it out, thanks. It may just work on wine. (since it doesn't depend on a windows com object)

@john, I'll look around google for autoit + gekko, thanks.

It was nothing to do with autoit, it was a project to create a create an embeddable object for

use in third party applications, and it was old.

Here though I just found something I have not seen before, sounds proising.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.